General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 11434 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Trinity
(Unregistered)
02/25/03 09:06 AM
2 Questions  

Hi everyone,

I'm evaluating this software and, from my first perusal, it looks like it might be very useful for me. I do have a couple questions that I haven't been able to find the answers for.

1. My shipping and insurance amounts are almost always the same for all auctions. Is there a global preference for this that will auto-fill those quantities when I create a new item or will I have to do this manually for every item? I looked, but haven't been able to find one as yet.

2. On a related note, is there a place to enter actual shipping costs (for me, the seller), so that reports come out correct?

Okay, I think that's it for now. I'm liking this software so far. :)

Thanks in advance!
Trinity

Trinity
(Unregistered)
02/25/03 11:10 AM
Okay, I lied new [re: Trinity]  

I have a third question. I downloaded my auctions from eBay into AW2k and checked the 'Create Inventory items' button. It did fine, except that I can't make it a Stock Inventory item, unless I duplicate it, then the Status is 'Never listed' for the new Stock Item. So, my question is: Should I be leaving the plain inventory item that was created and then just use the Stock item (duplicate) for the future? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks again :)
Trin

rodgw
(Unregistered)
02/25/03 05:56 PM
Re: 2 Questions new [re: Trinity]  

Hi Trinity, I think I recognize you from the SS forum. Welcome to aw2k. Hope this works out for you.
As far as your questions, let me give it a shot.
1) you could set up a standard auction lot that you copy from to begin each new lot. Keep the original in HOLD. That way your shipping and insurance would remain and if you have any standard description that would be there also. Other than that I haven't found another way to do this. But I'm a new-be, about 7 weeks worth.
2) When your on the invoice screen, on the upper right is an area that shows menu buttons, "Buyer, User IDs, Status, Notes, Payments". Under Status are two fields called "user 5 & 6". You can put whatever you want in them. Now, there isn't a report that I have found in aw2k itself that uses these. But I export the invoice data to excel and this is where they show up for me. In excel I can massage and sort the reports anyway I want. I think some users export it to Access and do their thing there.
Hope this helps.

Tradeguy
(newbie)
02/26/03 08:39 AM
Re: Okay, I lied new [re: Trinity]  

All of my auctions are "stock" and the status all remains "never listed". Not really sure if that's an error or by design.

As for your first question, I asked the same thing awhile back, There is no default s/h setting. But the other writer is correct that those things carry over when you duplicate an inventory lot, which for some people solves a lot of problems.

When I started AW2K last december, I imported all my auctions and created inventory lots. Not the best way to use program, in my opinion. I also FTP'ed all my own pics.

At least from my experience, the best and most seemless way to use AW2K is to create inventory items within AW2K, and set them up using HTML templates. It might take some tweaking and reworking, but I think you can pretty much duplicate any auction screen using the templates - once you get a feel working with them.

Then use the inventory lots to create your auctions.

The conversion took me a LOT of time, but it was well worth it in the end. And the relist feature for unsold auctions has saved me gobs of money too.

Good luck!
Rich

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads