General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 96728 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Lenny
(stranger )
06/18/02 11:43 AM
What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new  

If you could only ask for ONE thing to improve AW2000 - what would it be? There are so many great ideas out there and I am sure Thom and crew are working on some of them, but if I had any say in the matter, the one thing that I would love to be able to do is LIST AUCTIONS WHILE I AM AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. Those of you who have never used this feature will be amazed at how tied down you have been - appointments missed, vacations unplanned, extra time spent babysitting the process while 30 or 40 pictures are uploaded and auctions listed. This can all be automated and auctions listed weeks in advance while you are on vacation or gone for the weekend. This is my wish - hope it comes true some day. :>)

Lenny

1stWind
(Unregistered)
07/21/02 09:24 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: Lenny]  

My biggest current wish would be the implementation of html code that disables right clicking photos in the auction. It's easy code widely available on the internet and prevents others from easily stealing your photos or bandwidth. I've caught several other sellers with photos in their listing and the photos are actually linked in the html to display from my domain !!! My bandwidth costs have gone up $25 a month already just listing 20 - 30 items a day.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/21/02 09:33 AM
1stWind new [re: 1stWind]  

On a side note... if that could be implemented via a checkbox to turn the right click disable html code on or off, that would be even better. I imagind this would be implemented fairly easily from where ever Auction Wizard generates the final html for the auction lot. Plus the ability to use html in the lot description box would also be nice.... :)

Lenny
(stranger )
07/21/02 12:13 PM

Thank you so much for answering - I guess everyone else feels that the program is perfect and wouldn't change a thing!! :>)

Lenny

wheeloftime
(stranger )
07/22/02 02:31 PM

It wouldn't solve your problem ! You are mixing two things; stealing a photo with a right click and 'Save picture as' only saves the picture and not the link. This you can see with 'properties' after a right click but also and more easily by simply viewing the whole source of a webpage. This will probably be the way those people steal your pictures AND link to the file on your domain. Implementing a dozen scripts which prohibit a right click won't solve this.

Conrad
(stranger )
09/05/02 08:18 AM
Adding a html link on the fly new [re: Lenny]  

It would be great if you could add html code to the actual advertisement. Perhaps by right mouse clicking on a word and "add link" would appear where you could enter the url and mak it a live link. For the moment it seems you can ONLY do this by adding it to the template. If you need to do this for different items and each one is different. (Like pointing them to the url where the product is sold retail to show price) it makes it unmanageable and tedious. . . . suggestions?

Conrad
(stranger )
09/05/02 08:30 AM
Ebay Cars ?? new [re: Lenny]  

Will ebay cars be included in the Ebay categories?

John
(Unregistered)
09/30/02 07:17 PM

My big request:

It would be nice if the AW2K could import the purchaser's shipping address and name from a paypal instant payment notification email!

- John

nos_grunt
(Unregistered)
10/24/02 01:32 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: wheeloftime]  

I have some javascript code that will disable all right clicking. It disables the "hold down left mouse button, then click right mouse" trick too. No right click pop-ups whatsoever. Email me if you want this code tekdeals@hotmail.com . Of course, if someone knows what they are doing they will just click View(up top) then View Source and they'll see the links to all your pics. :\

~sorepaws~
(Unregistered)
02/01/03 10:01 PM

1) "Bidder Identities Hidden" (some of us do sell to closet crossdressers ya know ;)

2) The ability to have a smaller image show up in the auction and have the viewer be able to "supersize" it (there are several programs that let you do that - they just have a crappier interface) in another window ...

3) be able to paste HTML Code DIRECTLY into the auction text area (I used to write my auctions in dreamweaver and loved the freedom of being able to format things like wish#2 above)

Just for the record, unless they have changed this REALLY recently, eBay FORBIDS the use of Javascript in the auctions and has been known to end auctions arbitrarily if a user had Jscript in their ad ... unfortunately its usually the little people and not the powersellers who get their *$$ capped for this. Ugh ... I just love how ebay plays favorites! (NOT)

- Lil Sorepaws

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads