General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 11380 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Againbooks
(stranger )
02/06/04 08:50 PM
Timed Auctions  

The bigest problem I have so far with this program is not being able to time the auctions. I want to post the auctions in the evening and I make up my auctions at work and leave too early.

Someone said the auctions could be uploaded without starting them and then use the ebay timed auctions. Is that possible? How do you do it?

Thanks,

James

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
03/31/04 07:35 AM
Re: Timed Auctions new [re: Againbooks]  

I'm also having problems. I know on Ebay you can set a specific time and date you want your auctions to upload. When I make my Auction lot in Auction Wizard it only asks me for start date, which I've put my own in (if I don't want it to start right away), but I'm wondering....can you also set the "time" you want the auction to start through Auction Wizard and if not...what time will the auction start?

Any help with this would be great!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
04/01/04 11:22 AM
Re: Timed Auctions new [re: Anonymous]  

You can list with Auction Wizard 2000 up to 20 days in advance and you can set the time. After you queue your lots and upload your photos, a listing page will appear. On the right hand pane are different tabs that you will need to fill out the information. One of the setting options is to "start listing when submitted" or to "schedule listings to start on". Check the box next to the option you wish to use. You can select the day and the time. Click on the date box and a drop down calendar will allow you to select a date up to 20 days in advance. The box next to the date is the time you wish the auction to start. Remember that the time is in the Pacific Time Zone. Ater you have made your selections, click the "List All lots" button. The lots will list and to into the "pending auctions". The pending auctions will show up on the lower portion of "my ebay" page. Keep in mind that eBay charges you .10 for each item submitted to pending auctions whether you use eBay sellers forms or a 3rd party program.

rodgw
(Unregistered)
04/02/04 06:33 AM
Re: Timed Auctions new [re: Anonymous]  

I would imagine that sometime in the future AW2K will allow timed auctions within the program. For me it isn't a big deal. But when I do need to do time delayed auction starts the idea of giving eBay another dime doesn't set well.
I think that is most peoples main gripe as to how AW2K does it now (or doesn't) is that we have to pay more to eBay to get the job done. Of course I'm not a programer, have worked with some in the past, and what may seem like an easy add just may not be.
It would be nice to do it within AW2K but there are so many positives, I try not to let the "wish it woulds" get in the way.

rodgw

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads