General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 13258 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Homeboy4
(Unregistered)
04/27/04 01:00 PM
Create Listings Elsewhere for Import to AW2K?  

I have someone who will be helping me list items. At this point, I don't want them to enter the data directly into AW2K on my computer. Is there a way for the data to be compiled elsewhere and imported into AW2K? For instance, in Excel. Or maybe in a second install of AW2K on a different computer. In this latter instance, the auctions would not be posted from that second install, but would have to be exported from the second install to the install on my own computer.

lollyandcriggle
(Unregistered)
06/08/04 03:04 PM
Re: Create Listings Elsewhere for Import to AW2K? new [re: Homeboy4]  

We are in the same situation. We have a laptop that we'd like to be able to take home and work on then download it to AW2k on our main computer. Is this possible???

homeboy
(stranger )
06/08/04 04:11 PM
Re: Create Listings Elsewhere for Import to AW2K? new [re: lollyandcriggle]  

I asked the question here. No response. I emailed the question to the Auction Wizard Company. No response. I wrote a snail mail letter to the Auction Wizard Company. No response. I think they're trying to tell us something. Apparently it can't be done.

I did get one response to this same message posted on another board. Someone suggested networking two copies of AW2K. That's kind of in the ballpark and I appreciated the response. But it doesn't quite get at either your or my needs.

grumpy3b
(stranger )
06/09/04 06:54 PM
Re: Create Listings Elsewhere for Import to AW2K? new [re: homeboy]  

if you have a CD-RW your Aw2k data could live on a re-writeable CD that you could just take from system to sytem...sort of a modern version of sneaker net...

OR just copy the contents of the data directory to a CD and then copy them onto your laptop...then in the AM back at work reverse the process...

Beyond that I am not sure but I don't think AW2k has the ability right now...

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads