General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 14416 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/17/04 10:51 AM
Importing Closed Auction  

When importing auctions from eBay, only the on-line lots are coming through, none of the closed lots. I have checkmarked the proper boxes. I have also tried both versions, 2.1 and the 2.2 beta. I also tried checking, and unchecking, the Use Winlet API toggle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tradeguy
(member)
09/18/04 03:42 AM
Re: Importing Closed Auction new [re: Anonymous]  

Far as I know you can only import "live" auctions.

rodgw
(Unregistered)
09/18/04 05:57 AM
Re: Importing Closed Auction new [re: Tradeguy]  

I've never imported auctions so I can't help as far as what steps to do.
But when I look at the AW "help" it seems to be saying that you could / can import closed auctions. It doesn't give any specific steps to do that so I assume it would be the same as live ???? Unless I'm mis-reading it.
My question, why do you want to bring in closed auctions, it would just make your database bigger? For bookwork?
rodgw

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/18/04 08:56 AM
Re: Importing Closed Auction new [re: rodgw]  

There reason to import was because I am new to AW2K and during the last month had many auctions that need follow-up and I wanted to test drive the software to see if it is what I want.

All the features look great, but I want real data to use so that I can see if there are any bugs, or if I need to customize things.

I have read other posts about patches and switches, but I am using the most recent version (after eBay udated there site) and have tried the advance network switch and it did not work.

Again, it would be nice to do follow-up mgmt with real data, please help!

Tradeguy
(member)
09/18/04 09:10 AM

Even if you could import old auctions, I don't think you'll get the results you want.

Much of the data used for management and accounting is generated on the AW2K end. The only thing you get from an imported auction is the basic HTML (and that's usually totally messed up) - you don't get start/close date, shipping costs, or auction costs.

I think the only way to actually evaluate aw2k is to create and list auctions via aw2k. So I'd recommend listed a few auctions and then take them thru the entire workflow process. I also think that, overall, you'll want aw2k to handle your auctions from beginning to end.

When I started off I tried the same thing (working with existing auctions) and quickly realized I was missing half of the program.

First, create/edit some listing templates to match your own - this can take a lot of trial and error depending on how complex your listings are. But the time invested is well worth the effort and will save you gobs of time later.

Then make sure you get the email interface working - this is the heart of the work flow process, and perhaps the single biggest time saver. Work on your email templates too.

AW2K handles the back end managment (emails, payment status, invoices) so well that I use it for my Ioffer and Web store sales as well.

Good luck!
Rich

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/18/04 05:52 PM
Re: Importing Closed Auction new [re: Tradeguy]  

Thanks for the advice Rich and I will most definitely use the program from beginning to end, but it should still import closed auctions. I guess I'll just move on, but I hope there aren't any other bugs elsewhere.

Tradeguy
(member)
09/20/04 08:29 AM

I was just going over new configuration options, and I noticed a setting under Program Options > Auction Lots that sets the number of days old for importing auction id's. You might check that setting - maybe it's set too short.

Let us know!
Rich

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads