General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 31003 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
grumpy3b
(stranger )
09/30/04 08:03 PM
Sick and tired fo having to edit EVERY listing...  

I am really growing weary of gettgin it from every direction these days. eBay is a change a minute and aw2k is a change a decade...hehehehe...not really, just eBay pisses me off... :)

We need a shipping method box for auction lots...eBay is no displaying that information and I am not happy with my listings saying "Standard Shipping Method" they think it is something awful like parcel post! We are losing moeny either in time spent edition listings or in lots bids show we blow off editing them...

Software is supposed to make things easier...right now I am leaning toward using another tool and just exporting the listing data to Turbo Lister and using it to list...might keep aw2k for after auction details I guess...what a waste...I am not having fun right now....

rodgw
(Unregistered)
09/30/04 09:09 PM
Re: Sick and tired fo having to edit EVERY listing... new [re: grumpy3b]  

A shipping box may help.
I set up an auction profile for each of my different shipping uses. Once I got the first one set up I just copied that profile and just had to change the shipping method.
My shipping method shows up right under my description. Leaves no doudt to my customers how this item will ship and for how much.

hope this helps
rodgw

leeflang
(stranger )
10/01/04 08:17 AM

I concur with the complaint and want to add and specify:
1) AW2K does not permit selecting teh shipping method, so all my auctiosn default to 'standard method'. This selles badly since ALL my s/.h rates are for pririty mail. If a buyer sees this without direct explanation he will very well not bid. So now I frequently manually change thsi to 'pririty' which Ebay allows.

2) Although Ebay has improved in the sense that there are now all teh USPS options available to select (manually), their solution is still half baked for international shipments. Many of my customesr need to know how long it takes for the mail to get to them. Now I have to add this manually. It should be automatically dsiplayed.

Peter

Irene
(stranger )
10/03/04 09:23 PM

I don't know if this will help, but I put shipping information right in my auction templates. I have several templates which are identical except for the contents of the shipping section. Then, if I need to make an alteration, I simply have to change the templates. It's a lot easier than changing each auction lot.

grumpy3b
(stranger )
10/06/04 11:54 PM
Re: Sick and tired fo having to edit EVERY listing... new [re: Irene]  

irene...

We all know you can put your shippinig information in your listing...that is sorta part of the point of the auction description...hehehehe

But, maybe you are not aware that we cannot specify the shipping method in AW2k...eBay now allows sellers to explicitly specify what method is being used for that auction lot. AW2k does not support this.

It would be a tragic error to add this to AW2k anywhere but in each auction lot. A default setting could be setup in each profile but we need access to it at the auction lot level.

And now with eBay putting the shipping method right up top of the listing it is a BAD thing for the default of "standard shipping" to be there in big bold letters...expecially when you ship using Priority.

On the eBay boards many bidders are reporting they have been backing out of listings that had "Standard Shipping" specified. So AW2k is losing us money unless we manually modify each listing after it is up on eBay. And this is annoying as heck...

If you have not noticed this spend a few minutes browsing eBay and also bring up one of your listings in "revise auction" mode. You can see all of the settings eBay has and what is not present in Aw2k...btw, you can fiddle all you want w/o actually doing anything to the listing...just do not do the final "submit changes"...

I am really frustrated with this though i am sure Thom and the gang are peddling as fast at they can...still these "small" issues are affecting us sellers...

Irene
(stranger )
10/11/04 07:17 PM

I guess I never paid that much attention. I'm in Canada. :)

ljl
(Unregistered)
10/18/04 09:30 PM

Hi, I have been using AW200 for several yrs. I have always loved it! Everytime I use it, I think-how cool is this??? Now I am frustrated. I agree with the people in this thread. I do use a diffferent template for each shipping weight but on the prioriority mail ones where it is not fixed, it says 00 shipping at the top & bottom of the ebay page now. I also do not care for it to say standard shipping as I use priority mostly. I even added- Please diregard free shipping- in the description but I don't think that looks good-plus it still says free shipping at top & many people just look at that. I do not think I should have to go back & manually change each auction. I just realized that when they pay with Paypal, there is no shipping listed either.(for sliding scale). I am not real happy about emailing people to ask for the shipping because my software doesn't work right. I don't think I should have to explain it. I don't think the buyer really wants to know. It makes me look foolish.
I still love Thom & AW200. I hope this can be fixed.
Oh Thom????? Help???

wheeloftime
(newbie)
10/21/04 07:34 AM
Re: Sick and tired fo having to edit EVERY listing [re: ljl]  

Maybe I am blind or missing something but up until today my listings always say:

In reply to:

Shipping costs: Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details

I have never used the stupid checkout procedure and have my own auction templates with priority, standard and economy shipping costs (just a seperate template for every weight range which I pre-determine for every auction I list)

Enlighten me ?!

rodgw
(Unregistered)
10/21/04 08:30 PM
Re: Sick and tired fo having to edit EVERY listing new [re: wheeloftime]  

After emailing Thom and getting a response.
The "temporary" solution is;
On the listing screen is the "shipping options" tab. Go to that and UN-check the shipping box.
Than all your auctions will say "Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details" on the eBay opening auction page. Granted it's not the ideal solution. But it will eleminate editing all those auctions.

Hope this helps.
rodgw

ljl
(Unregistered)
10/22/04 00:36 AM

Wheeloftime-I do have seperate templates for different shipping weights & classes but it still said free shipping at the top & bottom of the listing.
Thanks Rodg- I unchecked the shipping box & it worked. Now it says what wheels does. One more thing-My last customer said the shipping was not showing when she went to Paypal & she tried to add it but it wouldn't let her. I am wondering if that will still be a problem. I would never have thought to uncheck the box. Thanks

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads