General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 13914 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

NYPickers
(stranger )
10/31/04 02:09 PM
Shipping Cost  

I listed an acution without filling in a shipping cost but noted that the shipping would be calculated later. When the listing went up on ebay it said "shipping Free", now I have had questions about it and a bidder just won, paid almost instantly and I'm sure is going to contest the shipping fee. What do I need to do when creating a listing without shipping fees so this doesn't happen again.

rodgw
(Unregistered)
10/31/04 08:06 PM
Re: Shipping Cost new [re: NYPickers]  

When you are at the final listing screen of AW, there is a tab that says "Shipping options" click on that and than un-check the box that says something like, "I know the shippien costs". Than on your eBay auction title screen, it will say, "check the auction discription or contact the seller for shipping information".
Your stating that "shipping would be calculated later" in the body of your auction, over rules whatever eBay sticks on your auction. Contact the buyer with the shipping costs and request he pay it. Explain to him that eBay made changes that affected how auctions are listed when no cost is noted. That eBay just ASSUMES that it is going to be free. Just another incredably stupid change by our friends at eBay.

hope this helps, good luck
rodgw

retrocircuit
(stranger )
11/06/04 05:15 PM
Re: Shipping Cost new [re: NYPickers]  

It now seems that Ebay forces you to specify shipping. After our auction lots began failing, we found we had to specify a $0.00 shipping cost then edit every auction. We post about 30-40 auctions at a time and have to edit every single one. Someday, calculated shipping will have to be intergraged into aw2000. I get frustrated sometimes but then use something like Olister or Turbolister and come to appreciate AW2000.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/10/04 09:35 PM
Re: Shipping Cost new [re: retrocircuit]  

instead of getting with the program and adding the ability to specify shipping details we get...can you stand the excitment...BORDER...BFD...I seriously doubt this is a hig priority for more then a few users of aw2k...yet the hours lost each month to editing listings to get the correct shipping method to appear in the listing is time (read money) down the drain...I guess our time is worth what it costs.

rodgw
(Unregistered)
11/11/04 06:21 AM
Re: Shipping Cost new [re: Anonymous]  

I'm not really catching on to your problem ???
As a past program analysis, some program changes aren't as easy as others and this may be one of them.
So instead of whinning I made up seperate templates for the different shipping options I use and the problem is solved.
With the note in the ebaY header that reads, "check the auction ad description for shipping info".
It works, it will work, and it will always work . . . at least until eBay make some dumb change that affects it.
My plan is to sell stuff. Not worry about what a program does or doesn't do - especially when there is an easy work around.
So get busy, make up some templates and start selling.

rodgw

wheeloftime
(newbie)
11/11/04 10:00 PM
Re: Shipping Cost new [re: rodgw]  

@rodgw:
That's the spirit :-)

@anonymous:
If you don't like it don't use it though I doubt you will find anything coming near to Aw2K.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads