General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 97638 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
chinacat
(newbie)
02/02/03 09:55 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: ~sorepaws~]  

For #3, you CAN paste html code directly into the description box, but you must not be using a template in order for it to work. I do all my auctions that way.

Tradeguy
(stranger )
02/02/03 11:45 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: chinacat]  

My #1 wish - more automatic emails - hehe...my broken record request. If we batch notification emails, why not auto-create and que emails when someone pays and when we ship? All auction sellers should be doing this anyway. It would make everything so seamless....

Lennys
(Unregistered)
02/02/03 12:07 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: John]  

GREAT IDEA! So many use paypal now and this would save a ton of hour of typing.

chinacat
(newbie)
02/02/03 02:59 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: Lennys]  

Actually, you can do that. Just highlight the name and address in the email and press the Store Buyer Address button (toward the right side of the tool bar).

mousemomma
(stranger )
07/08/03 03:30 PM
Attachment
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: 1stWind]  

One of the things I do to keep people from copying my photos is to import the photo into a photo editing program, (I use photoshop), and with a text tool I insert my company name and the copyright symbol and the year. For instance, Worldwide Decor (c) 2003. Then I set the opacity real low to where you can see the picture clearly, and just barely make out the words. Nobody will want to copy your picture then because everybody would know they stole it.

I also have the code for disabling the right click if anybody needs it. But I think putting your name on the picture is the best way to stop theives.

new2you
(stranger )
07/09/03 05:15 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: chinacat]  

Actually you can use a template AND paste HTML. I do so in all my auctions because I want my pictues "in-line." I do keep the template very simple however. I use 1 generic template that sets the basic color and puts a border around the auction.

I wrote a MS Access program to generate the html because we use simlar but distinct formats for different types of clothes because picture formats are different and the shipping and insurance are different for each type.

new2you
(stranger )
07/09/03 05:20 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: Lenny]  

I can't keep it to 1 because there are 2 big ones that cost me a huge amount of time.

In no particular order:

There are times that we want to either update our look and feel, add a special link or otherwise update our auctions. For example we have recently changed where our pictures are hosted. We are getting ready to change our preferred shipping partner so all the shipping and insurance rates will be wrong.

For auction items this is no big deal. At least every 10 days every auction gets re-listed so I can make my changes in Auction Wizard and they will get propegated to the auctions when re-listed. The problem comes with store items which are listed at a minimum of 120 days and usually good until cancelled.

It is a ROYAL PAIN to go into every item on eBay and edit the html, even when it is just a select all, then cut and paste the new code. It takes a very long time to update over 400 items in that fashion. I WOULD LOVE to see an update auction lot feature added to AW2K. I realize it would require some API programming on your end but if you could provide a new status "UPDATE LOT DATA" or something similar I could make all my changes in AW2K and propegate them to my store while I go get some coffee. (As opposed to thousands of clicks involved in finding items on eBay and updating the appropriate fields.)
--------------------
Support for good until cancelled store listings. We list almost all of our store items as good until cancelled. We have almost 400 store only items and put up a pretty big number every week.

The way it is now I have to list my auction items as a batch, then list my store items individually and go through the tedium of changing the listing period and clicking submit twice. This takes at least 30 seconds per listing on broadband. It may not sound like a big deal but it really adds up and creates another opportunity for a listing to get messed up.

StainedGlassStuf
(stranger )
07/09/03 05:28 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? [re: Lenny]  

I wish AW2K would support eBay's new feature of showing the photo at the top of the page.

If AW2K can interface with eBay for Gallery photos, why not also use their one free photo host to give my customers a photo at the top of the screen?

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/09/03 09:29 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? [re: StainedGlassStuf]  

I'll second that wish...
I would really appreciate having the photo back in the upper corner instead of just in the description.
Now that eBay says the pic must be 'iPix' seems that AW could fix that for us.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/09/03 12:29 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? [re: Anonymous]  

Seems this should be automatic especailly if you pay for gallery listing that the picture would show at the top of the listing page. what to do? what to do??

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads