General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 96741 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
grandjac
(stranger )
07/09/03 04:00 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: Lenny]  

I'll second the OP's wish -- I'd like nothing better than to be able to schedule auctions through AW2K with the added ability to separate lots by 1 or 2 minutes (as we can do now). I enjoy being able to walk away from the computer while 40 or 50 auctions are being launched over the next hour, but to be able to schedule them to start while I'm away on a trade show trip or vacation (what's that???), would be awesome! I doubt if that's do-able because we'd have to leave the computer on while we're away -- I don't think eBay's Pending feature will let us launch lots with a space of time between them -- :(

Glenda

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
07/09/03 04:20 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: grandjac]  

If you want to pay the .10, Ebay does, in fact, let you space out your auctions however you'd like. What I do (when I use the feature, which is rare now) is tell AW2K to upload them all at once for a future scheduled time. Then I go to My Ebay and select all the pending auctions for time edit. It's at this point that you can set a start time and a spacer. It's one of the few things Ebay made that's efficiently edited :)

For what it's worth, when I know I'll be out of town, I pay the .10/auction and setup for the whole time I'm gone. For 4 or 5 days, thats about 80 auctions, or about $8.00. Not bad for peace of mind AND you don't have to worry about computer crashes, blackouts, or some huge storm killing your pc. I'm so paranoid when I am out of town I would never feel good about letting my pc do the work - not nearly as reliable as the Ebay method.

Hope that helps!
Rich

Tradeguy
(member)
07/09/03 04:25 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: new2you]  

I've run into the same exact problem, and since January have had to re-upload at least 500 store itmes twice now.

If there is no easy way to allow automated editing, then some automated way of ENDING the auctions would be a godsend. At least then you could mass kill the store items, then use aw2k to mass re-upload them. If you think about it, it's a lot simpler than most of AW2K other automations - Ebay only asks 2 questions - ID#, and Explanation.

BTW...last time I re-uploaded I went with the AW2K supported 120 day auctions. I just didn't have it in me to hand edit every auction AGAIN ;-)

Rich

grandjac
(stranger )
07/09/03 05:18 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: Tradeguy]  

Thanks for that info Rich! I didn't realize you could do that -- I agree, definitely worth the .10 price tag to have things launched at the time you want them whether you're there to oversee it or not!!!

Glenda

thewomenfolk
(stranger )
07/09/03 08:22 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: ~sorepaws~]  

I wish we only had ONE GRID to deal with. There's a lot of confusion that exists between the Lots and Invoices grids, and the Show/Hide status' are not the same in each, so its 'good luck' in finding in Lots the auction you're looking at in Invoices. Also, it would be nice if the Invoice number was the same as the Lot number. And not being able to identify an auction on the Invoices grid is awful because that's the screen I work with for all ended auctions...only in Lots can we click on the Icon to actually go to the auction. I've never needed it in Lots, but need it every day in Invoices, and its not there. There's no way to go to Lots and easily find that auction, so I just use my browser and go to ebay and locate it there.

The bottom line is I'd like to see the after-auction management part of the program made a whole lot easier and faster to use. But If I could be granted only ONE wish, it would be to have only ONE grid.

grandjac
(stranger )
07/09/03 09:32 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: thewomenfolk]  

"it would be nice if the Invoice number was the same as the Lot number"

I have to disagree with that one -- I have bidders who win 5, or even 10, lots per auction and if the invoice # was the same as the lot #, I'd have to send 5 or 10 invoices to just one bidder -- you couldn't merge lots at all and that's one of AW2Ks strengths that I particularly like!

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do --

"not being able to identify an auction on the Invoices grid is awful because that's the screen I work with for all ended auctions...only in Lots can we click on the Icon to actually go to the auction. "

-- while you're in the Invoices window, you can switch from "grid" view where you have the invoice number, to "invoice items" view where you have all the auction lot numbers, along with the titles, that are associated with that invoice. You also have the hammer icon that takes you to the individual lot, plus the globe icon that takes you to the page on eBay so you can check your buyer's country and or/feedback. Seems very efficient to me, and I can always see quickly what lots I'm dealing with for any invoice number. Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

Glenda

thewomenfolk
(stranger )
07/09/03 10:38 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? new [re: grandjac]  

Glenda, You are right...the hammer...the globe, in the Invoice Items view. I never saw them. You're also right about the numbers having to be different if you have a winner of more than one auction. Chalk that suggestion up to a seller who very rarely has a buyer of multiple auctions. So...I've learned something that's going to help me alot. Thanks! I've had a great deal of difficulty seeing how the Lots grid works with the Invoices grid...I think my main hang-up is due to not being able to see what auctions are in the Invoices grid list, just line after line with boxes with numbers in them. I really dread having to find out where a particular auction is in that grid, whereas if it had a title it could just be seen, like it is in the Lots grid. Maybe AW will give us that one of these days. Thanks for your help!

Jeannie

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/10/03 11:29 AM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? [re: thewomenfolk]  

While we're wishing for added columns in Invoices - grid view, I'd like a column that gives me the buyer's name or ID. That'd make it a lot quicker to match payments to invoices when they haven't included the invoice # (which they hardly ever do!). They always include the eBay ID number(s), which doesn't help me much at all.

Glenda

CHADA32
(Unregistered)
07/10/03 01:30 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? [re: grandjac]  

Oh, it is doable all right - when the current SAPro that eBay owns was owned by Blackthorne, we had that capability and it did not cost anything extra. Yes, one had to leave the computer on but as so many of us eBayers have broadband or 24 hour service, it was not a problem. I went on several trips and was able to list auctions while I was gone. Did you know that you can do it now with eBay? - they just charge extra for the service. Check out the AW2000 listing window when you list your auctions, - you will see under the check mark and small box for how many minutes apart your auctions should list, another box where you can pre-list ahead and pick any day and time.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/10/03 01:53 PM
Re: What is the ONE thing you wish AW2000 could do???? [re: CHADA32]  

Thanks Chad. It's good to know that there is a way using AW2K -- I hadn't noticed that checkbox for future launching! I don't mind (at least not too much) paying eBay an extra .10 for the service -- I had a drive fried once because of a thunderstorm and I don't ever want to repeat that experience, so I shut 'er down when I'm going to be away! Actually, it was the "floppy disk control board" back in the days before hard drives had been thought of for home computers! A TRS-80 with 48Kb of RAM and the internet wasn't available for anyone except scientists and the government ... does that date me or what??!!!!

Glenda

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads