General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 9133 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
03/26/06 03:46 PM
Item Specifics go bye-bye??  

Maybe it's just me, but after importing my Store Categories after the most recent AW update (3-23-06), about 95% of my Item Specific fields went blank -- the data was still online, still on the auctions (ongoing or ended), but it had gone missing in the Lots pages. Anyone else?

tictictic

AquilaStamps
(stranger )
03/29/06 04:34 AM
Re: Item Specifics go bye-bye?? new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Strangely enough I have a similar problem. I too downloaded the update and then imported categories from my eBay store. However, prior to the update nothing ever appeared in my "item specifics" tab. Now the item specifics tab randomly has a dropdown box that appears - it contains four choices "-" "unused" "used" and "unknown". I would guess that maybe 10 percent of the 3800 plus records have something showing up in this box. So maybe my situation is different than yours. In the past I've never had anything appear in that section but now I have a choice in a few. Strange huh? Sorry I don't have a solution for you just a comment on a similar problem. Oh before I forget - I wonder in my case if the materials I'm selling makes a difference? I only sell Postage Stamps for Collectors. I'm wondering if that makes any kind of difference but then again if it did the choices would either show everywhere or not at all.

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
03/29/06 12:45 PM
Re: Item Specifics go bye-bye?? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

I'd estimate only about a third of the eBay categories have Item Specifics associated with them. Some categores -- stamps, records, hardware (maybe all of Home & Garden), Tobacciana, sheet music (all of Musical Intruments?) -- have only a box to check off if the item is New or not, or they have a drop-down box to indicate Used, New, or N/A (leave blank). Other categories, such as Photos (in Collectibles) and Prints or Art, have a whole range of Item Specifics. But like I said, most eBay categories still have no Item Specifics.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads