General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 13818 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

junkwarehouse
(stranger )
04/30/06 07:29 AM
Moving Lot from Store to Auction  

Is there a way to move an item from a Store Listing to an Auction Listing (change profile) without having to duplicate the lot and manually ending the store listing?

I am currently doing this from eBay but I'm having problems keeping my Lots updated in AW.

Is there also a way to automate relisting Auction Lots as a Store item if it doesn't sell?

bluepennylady
(stranger )
04/30/06 03:47 PM
Re: Moving Lot from Store to Auction new [re: junkwarehouse]  

Hi, Jim,

Boy, it is difficult to try to use eBay for managing anything, isn't it?!!

Yes you can change your Auction listings, to Store and back to an Auction listing. I do it all of the time. I even move Auction lots from eBay, to eBay store, send them over to Overstock and back to eBay with the click of a mouse.

First, you must have your user id configured as an eBay Store in AW2000. Meaning if you are selling under the user id "fine feathered friend" on eBay and you also have an eBay Store that is "fine feathered friend" then you must configure an Auction Profile in AW2000 that is "fine feather friend" for eBay Store.

If the Auction lot Status is Hold, Offline, Never Listed, Queued for Listing, simply change the Auction Profile to your eBay store Auction Profile. you will find the Auction profile located in the upper left hand corner directly under the Auction lot number. Clicking on the down arrow at the right of the Auction Profile dialogue box will show all the Auction Profiles that are configured in AW2000. You can choose from that drop down menu whatever Auction Profile you want.

If you are offering more than qty 1, simply edit the qty to reflect the correct quantity. Be sure your Store categories are filled in, otherwise all your eBay Store Auction lots will end up in "Other". to make that easy, you can go to the Gird view, highlight all the Auction lots you are changing, right click and select Change Shipping Options.

I hope that helps.

Judy
bluepennylady

bluepennylady
(stranger )
04/30/06 05:43 PM
Re: Moving Lot from Store to Auction new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi, Jim,

I failed to mention, that you can also change entire large groups of Auction Lots to another profile by switching to Grid View, highlighting the Auction lots you wish to change. Right click and select "Change Auction Profile to" from the menu. Real time saver feature.

Judy
bluepennylady

wolf28man
(Unregistered)
07/20/06 09:51 AM

thanks for the responses. Seeking a little more clarity. Let's say I want to move 10 items from my store to an auction. So in grid view using View Records I select the 10, right click to change the profile to my auction profile and say OK. Now those 10 are included in auction profile listings. But does this step automatically end the store listing on eBay? I don't see how since I haven't submitted anything. Or when I queue up the 10 and submit them to an auction, then the store listing is ended?

Thanks for any replies.

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/20/06 09:59 AM
Re: Moving Lot from Store to Auction new [re: wolf28man]  

Hi,

Thanks for posting. No the Store auction listings are not auto ended when you move those Auction lots to another profile within AW2K. The Auction lots must be ended on eBay. Or you can use the Send to Online Auction button next to the auctions you wish to switch.

I end my Ebay store listings when I want to switch auction styles. Or I wait until the eBay store listing has ended then move the Auction lots to a different profile, auction style or Auction Venue. (back and forth between eBay and Overstock)

I am not sure if that helps you or not. I would suspect you may be getting ready to move things around when eBay does their big fee hike August 22?

Judy/blue

wolf28manxx
(Unregistered)
07/20/06 10:10 PM

Bluepennylady,

You are absolutely right on about moving things around before the BIG FEE HIKE! Thanks for the reply. I've being doing it that way -- ending listing on eBay, telling aw2k to update those lots so they are all offline, then switching them to my auction profile as you described, queueing them up, and then uploading them to ebay. Just writing down all these steps makes me tired.

Thanks for your quick and accurate responses, Hey, AW2K, are you listening?!?

wolf28man

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/20/06 11:57 PM
Re: Moving Lot from Store to Auction new [re: wolf28manxx]  

Hi,

Unless you have a specific reason for moving all the eBay Store lots right now, there are a couple of other options that might make the task a bit easier.

You could wait until August 21 and close your eBay store. That will end all the Store Auctions. Then open your eBay store up again even 5 minutes later. Prior to listing what you absolutely want in the store, update AW2K. All the Store Auctions will be offline. So you can use Grid view, highlight Auction lots and select a different profile.

The other option is to wait until the Store auction lots end. Anything listed in the eBay store prior to July 23 will end before the next fees go into effect. Then you can relist what you want into the Store August 21. All those listing will still have the 2 cent insertion and 8% FVF. It is only listings submitted on and after August 22 that are hit by the higher fees.

If you are just wanting to move eBay Store Auction lots right now for another reason, something else that you might try is to change Auction lots Status in the Grid view as well. So after the Auction(s) are ended on eBay simply highlight that group of Auction lots and Change Status to Offline. Those Auction lots will remain highlighted in blue. You can then Switch Auction Profiles and queue the same group of Auction lots. Use the Queue for listing button in the upper left hand corner of the Grid View for queueing all the Auction Lots you just Changed Status.

You might give it a whirl and see if that helps you complete the process faster.

Judy/blue

Edited by bluepennylady on 07/21/06 05:37 AM (server time).

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads