General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 10390 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/14/06 08:55 PM
Way to change Status & not lose place?  

When things don't sell on eBay, I usually give them a run at my B&M shop. I change the status of these items to Hold (I don't delete them, because they might come home for another run on eBay), and I also type AT SHOP at the top of their descriptions to distinguish them from things that are on Hold for other reasons. When these things sell out of the shop, they get marked sold in my Excel inventory record, but usually I'm in too much of a rush or too lazy to also find each one in AW and mark it Sold.

So today, I decided I should do some housekeeping. I was going through the Status Hold/At Shop items in AW, then popping over to Excel to run a Find on some keyword, and if I saw it was sold, hopping back to AW to change its Status to Sold and Shipped. But I got totally frustrated at the behavior of AW when the Status of an item is changed. (By the way, I tried the AW Inventory, but I'm sticking with Excel and its conditional formatting, auto-calcs, etc.)

Here's the process I was using:

Filter Lots for Status Hold and click Grid View. Scroll to the top of the list and start looking for Lots with "AT SHOP" at the beginning of the Description. After confirming a Lot's been sold, I rightclick to change its Status to Sold and Shipped, click YES to the confirmation box that pops up, watch the Lot disappear from the list, and -- this is the maddening part -- see the scroll button zip back down to the midpoint of this 500-item list. Now I have to push the scroll button back up to around where I was before and try to locate the next record, which always means some trial and error -- click a Lot -- no, already did that one -- click another Lot -- no, must be the next one.

Tried a different way: using standard view and the Page Up/Page Down keys results in basically the same problem -- as soon as a Lot is marked Sold and Shipped, the Record jumps back to the beginning of all the Records. If there's a key to get you back to where you were or to take you on to the next Record, I don't know what it is.

Even using Record:Find, searching for the words "AT SHOP", and using the F3 key to go to the next, next, next Record has the same problem. As soon as a Lot's Status is changed, I'm back at the beginning of the list and having to hit the F3 key repeatedly to return to where I was.

The only way I know of to prevent this jumping to the top of the list is to filter for both Hold and Sold and Shipped, but then I would have to scroll thru zillions of items I don't need to be seeing because they aren't at my shop.

I have an idea there's some really simple solution that I'm just not thinking of. Thanks for any ideas.

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/03/06 08:10 PM
Re: Way to change Status & not lose place? new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

ticticitic,

I just ran across your post. Why don't you create an Auction profile for "At Shop" so when something is in your Shop, change the Profile to At Shop" instead of "Hold' Then all you have to do is change your Show/Hide records to the "At Shop" profile and change the status to what you want. The Grid view can be grouped according to Status so when you change the status it will flip down to join its respective group and you can continue searching for the Auctions you want.

Just a thought.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
07/03/06 09:44 PM
Re: Way to change Status & not lose place? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Oh, my gawd! That's perfect! You are the Wizard's Most Prized and Exalted Apprentice! Why didn't I think of that?! Oh I know...cuz I got myself in a rut. I stuck these things in Hold when it first was added a couple years ago as a new Status, and I never thought to do anything else. Sheesh! Thanks for dragging me out of one of probably dozens of ruts.

Sue (tictictic)

P.S. And it also occurs to me I could now go back to using Hold Status for things that really are on Hold, like multiples of items where I don't want to list them all at once (no need to let the drooling masses know there are actually MORE of that precious "rare" doo-dad).

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/03/06 10:01 PM
Re: Way to change Status & not lose place? new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

In reply to:

cuz I got myself in a rut

That's hilarious! I never thought about being in an Auction Wizard rut. I just thought we were all Auction Wizard nuts

I am glad the suggestion will work.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads