General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 113406 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(member)
07/31/06 06:04 AM
Re: Category Field new [re: sbliss]  

Sal,

How exciting!! It is absolutely thrilling to see your very own auctions going online!

So for an image you have the little "pizza box" instead of an image, huh. :o) You mean you don't want to show pizza boxes for what you are selling. You had in mind to use an image of that goody :o)

Before we go any further, have you checked for program updates for categories? Go to Tools | check for program updates. AW2K will check to be sure there isn't a Category update available for eBay. If there is, allow AW2K to run the update for you.

Did you check your FTP settings in AW2K to be sure it was configured correctly? There is is a button on the FTP configuration tab "Test FTP Settings" Just click that button and AW2K will check to be sure your settings are correct for you. To get to the FTP tab, go to File | FTP Account. Click on the FTP account you configured in AW2K so it is blue. In the lower part of the page displayed, is the test settings button.

If you tested the FTP and the settings are correct. Did AW2K upload images to your webspace in the Lister? That is the first step when listing. After you select "List Queued Lots", AW2K generates all the images for you. A Lister window appears asking if you wish to "Upload Images to FTP server". The box next to that question should be checked. It is selected by default. Just be sure that box is checked otherwise AW2K "thinks" you don't want to upload images.

"Payment and Shipping" errors. First, have you edited your Shipping preferences in "My eBay"? They must be edited in your eBay preferences page before you can use the Shipping calculator in your listings. If you haven't edited them, let me know, I can help you with it. At least with the basics as most of the available options are based on how you want to conduct your own business.

"Payment and shipping" errors are most usually caused by how you have the Shipping options set on that Auction lot in AW2K. Go to one of the Auction lots that failed because of payment and shipping. Click on the "Shipping Options" tab. Carefully go through every single option and be sure your choices are correct based on the package weight and Shipping method you have selected. For instance, you have not selected First Class for a 1 lb item. Or Airmail Letter Post for a 5 lb item as it is too heavy and needs to go Economy Parcel Post, or Airmail Parcel Post. Also be sure if you have offered International shipping, you have checked the boxes next to the countries to which you will ship. If no countries are selected and you have chosen International, the Auction lot will fail when submitted.

The "Title and Description" errors I would need to see the Listing log to tell exactly what happened as with "Pictures and Details" Which a really cool thing about AW2K, Thom has so wisely included logfiles so he can tell what is happening when you list or update. Or anything else for that matter. Such a smart guy he is I can assure you that not all programmers are that smart or that good.

I'll give you the instructions for sending me your listinglog later on. And I can look and see what went haywire. Or maybe I should say, I can try to figure out what went haywire. I have an idea but I want to make sure.

So at Yahoo, AW2K downloaded the Auction id number and the Auction lot status changed from "Queued for listing" to "Online"? But you cannot find the Auction listings online at Yahoo on your own My Auctions page? Or you cannot find them in all the online Yahoo Auctions?

If the Auction lots at Overstock are not appearing in "Current Auctions" on your HomePage, then you can re-submit those Auction lots again. Just be sure, those lots are not not listed and appearing in Current Auctions. If they are not, re-submit them again.

While I am thinking about it, have you signed up for the Overstock Subscription plan? If not, you really ought to take a look at it. Very cost effective. Makes managing your monthly expenses much easier as there is a set price for listing x auctions every month.

Anyway, just to be sure, check your FTP account settings again and let me know. We will go from there.

And by the way, I am glad I can help you. This is fun. I truly enjoy helping new users get up and running.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/31/06 04:15 PM
Re: Category Field new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy

AW2K did find and performed a category update. The FTP Tests passed. With Payment and Shipping, it was intended to be shipping and tax free. The problem is that none of the sites showed me an option to select that, and so I thought that might automatically show up as shipping & tax free. The reason, I didn't want to get into the complexity of those calculation just yet. So I decided to take up the tab and incorporate them in my pricing instead.

I have not set any shipping preferences in My-Ebay. It appears I will have to go do that also. Thanx again.

With respect to the pictures, it seems as though AW2K was able to access and collect them from their location without any problems. On Ebay, it looks like one of those situation where sometimes you will have to refresh the browser for the picture to appear. Although in my case I refreshed the browser many times and it still not appearing. In other words, AW2K did uplopad the pic there. That's about what I can tell you now. Please advise. Thanx.

Sal

bluepennylady
(member)
07/31/06 05:13 PM
Re: Category Field new [re: Anonymous]  

Hi Sal,

That is good the FTP test passed. Could you be so kind as to provide the eBay Auction id for a couple of the affected auctions? I mean the ones with no image appearing.

Now for the category update. You should go to Auction lots window and check the category fields. You will most likely find a few whose category field is now blank. When eBay makes a category change, the old category will be "erased" so you can select a new category. Otherwise, the Auction lot would never submit because of an out of date category selection.

Free shipping is defined by the seller. So if you wish to sell everything with Free shipping, then simply edit your listing template. I would suggest duplicating your listing template and remaning it something you can easily remember. Then if you make an error, you can delete it and the original is still available to duplicate and re-do again.

Sales tax is something you should most definitely inquire of your legal council or accounant. check your States website for information about destination based sales tax. In Kansas, I must collect sales tax for anything delivered within the State of Kansas. Because that is where my business is.

Let me know about the Auction id numbers.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
07/31/06 09:29 PM

Judy

There were no auction IDs generated for those listings that failed as they were completely rejected, unfortunately. The only auction ID is for the one that got listed. Please advise.

Sal

bluepennylady
(member)
08/01/06 00:10 AM

Hi,Sal,

I am confused. I thought you meant you have auctions listed for which no images are appearing at eBay. Meaning, the auction was listed but when you went to eBay to see the Auction listing, all you could see are little white boxes with the x in the corner.

Do the Auction lots you have listed have pictures showing up on them? If you have 1 Auction lot that is listed without an image showing up on it, that Auction id will work.

Could you give me your user id at eBay so I can look at your sellers list.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
08/01/06 05:10 AM

Hi Judy

You're right, I am afraid you didn't understand and I appologize for the confusion. I said, I had 5 different items that was suposed to be auctioned on each one of the 3 sites.

On Ebay, 4 out of the 5 items were rejected completely with those error messages that I wrote down for you. The one that was successfully listed, the picture is not showing as though the page has to be refreshed for the picture to show. This one that was successfully listed, I do have the auction ID number: 23001344370

On Yahoo, I see all 5 listings in My Actions when I put in my user iD. But again the situation of the pictures remain the same.

Now, I think I spoke too soon on Overstock. On Overstock, all 5 items were listed successfully. Only 1 of those 5 successfully listed items having picture problem. What I should have mentioned though is that, I was rejected for MAKE IT MINE lisitng on all five.

All in all, I tap myself in the back or maybe you should tap me in the back for having the confidence to make my first listing and finally getting the jitters out. Ha ha ha ha ...............

Thanx again and please advise.

SAL

bluepennylady
(member)
08/01/06 07:35 AM

Hi, Sal,

Thank you for clarifying.

Have you clicked on the Auction Title of one of the Overstock Auctions whose image is missing? Is the image not appearing on the AW2K listing template? Or is it the gallery image that is not appearing? If it is simply the Gallery image that is not appearing, that happens on Overstock sometimes. Not as frequently as it use to as they have upgraded the infra-structure quite a bit. The Gallery image can be added by editing the listing on Overstock.

I checked the Auction id number. Ebay returns an invalid Item number. Could you please check the Auction id to be sure it is correct?

You deserve a huge pat on the back. Or maybe a hip hip hooray for stepping out and getting this done. Kind of like jumping into cold water, The Torso reflex. Hit the cold water and suck in air. But after you get into the water, it isn't so bad

Let me know about the Auction id number please.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
08/01/06 11:50 AM

Hi Judy

Please try this number for the Ebay auction ID 230013443703. I think there was a number lacking where I copied from my email.

I have just sent Thom some information he had requested when I contacted him this morning via email. Hopefully, something can be worked out.

Sal

bluepennylady
(member)
08/01/06 12:04 PM

Hi, Sal,

That number is correct. Thank you ever so much. Gee, I would love to see that piece. Sounds gorgeous!

Oh, you don't have to worry, Thom will be able to determine the cause of the error and how to best correct the issue. He is simply the best programmer and technician I have ever had the pleasure of working with. So you are in good hands. He will fix you up in short order.

Did you take a look at the Overstock subscription plan yet? And have you tried editing your eBay Shipping preferences as well?

Hummm, sounds like I am trying to keep you busy

Let me know when you guys get the images fixed. I wanna see that piece you have up for auction!

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
08/02/06 10:49 AM

Hello Judy

I just recieved email from Overstock. Apparently someone is interested in buying one of my itmes. Overstock is questioning whether this is an Off-Site Transaction. I have NOT received any contacts whatsoever from this individual for that matter. I am not sure if this is a legitimate transaction or a scam. The transaction apparently is international. What should I do? Please advise ASAP.

SAL

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads