General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 112347 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(member)
08/02/06 10:59 AM
Re: Category Field new [re: Anonymous]  

Hi, Sal,

Are you saying Overstock contacted you about someone approaching you to sell them something??

Forward the entire email back to Overstock to sellershotline@overstock.com Overstock has a spoof email addy but I do not remember it off the top of my head. I think it is spoof@auctions.overstock.com but I just can't remember the entire email addy. The sellers hotline will be able to let you know if the email is legit or not.

Until you hear back from Overstock concerning the validity of the email, do not reply. Most of the time, we delete those email messages from the inbox.

It is best to remember to never click on any links in an email like that. Nor ever submit any information. If I want to know about an email, I will always forward it back to the auction site for verification.

Overstock Customer service is excellent. And someone will get back with you about it.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(member)
08/02/06 11:22 AM
Re: Category Field new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi, Sal,

I failed to tell you that if the email is indeed from Overstock, they may be only supplying you with information concerning a potential fraudster buyer. I have had those emails from Overstock and eBay as well. So don't fret over it. You have not done anything wrong as long as you are not using the Overstock auction site to conduct off-site transactions. eBay and Overstock both get a bit testy about that.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads