General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 112354 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
sbliss
(stranger )
07/24/06 04:07 PM
Re: Category Field [re: bluepennylady]  

Judi,

You won't believe what's now happening. All the categories of everyone of lots is gone. And if I try to fill them in again, it won't stay. What is going on here? I may had spoken too soon. Please advise.

sbliss

bluepennylady
(member)
07/24/06 08:42 PM
Re: Category Field [re: sbliss]  

Hi,

sorry, I was gone to VBS. Since I am the music director, they think I should be there to teach the music and sign language to around 200 kids. It would be okay but the music this year is like high impact aerobics. Gee I am glad I am still in decent shape :o)

Well, now you have disappearing categories. Like now you see them, now you don't :o)

Do you mean the categories you entered into the Auction lots in error are now gone?

Have you changed Auction profiles from one Auction site to another? Meaning changed an Auction from an eBay regular auction profile, to eBay store or visa versa. Or changed the Auction lot from eBay to Overstock or visa versa. If so, the category selection will disappear. That is unless the category fields are completed in the Inventory Items window.

The "won't stay" issue may require Thom's assistance. He is the master at this type of thing. Try restarting AW2K and see if that corrects the problem.

After that if the categories would not stay, I would email Thom for help. He is a master at this type of thing.

I scan my hard drive for errors and restart the server before I do anything else just to be sure I don't have a system glitch somewhere. Be sure you backup your database before you go any further. It is really important to have a current database backup. So if something goes amuck, Thom can fix it.

Let me know if the restarting the computer and AW2K corrects the problem or not.

Judy/blue

sbliss
(stranger )
07/25/06 05:18 AM

Judy

Yup! That's correct. Also, with respect to changing profiles, I had to change profile in order to populate information on the item to the other auction sites if I am going to list the item on those other sites. That shouldn't cause that much of a problem. If it should, then I have a concern. That is, the ability to list an item on multiple sites is in question. One of the most important reasons I want to try AW2000. Please advise.

bluepennylady
(member)
07/25/06 07:24 AM

Hi,

Changing profiles is not a problem at all. I have several profiles configured that I use for different auction sites and different shipping methods, etc. As long as you have completed the default settings in the Auction Profiles, all the information will fill in the fields when you change Auction profiles.

There are not default category settings. However, that can be solved by using the Inventory Items and then creating auction lots from Inventory Items. Select the category you wish for the item to be listed in for all the Auction venues offered in the "Category, Shipping options and Item Specifics" tab. Then when you switch Auction profiles, the category selection is pulled from the related Inventory Item. And if you do not want category selections to be displayed, as you indicated earlier, then simply do not select categories in the Inventory Items window. Does that make sense??

Let's say you have 6 green monkey statues you want to list. You can create a Stock Inventory item, qty in Stock 6. Then you can create an Auction lot for eBay, eBAy Store, Yahoo and Overstock. That is as long as you have an Auction profile configured for all those Auction venues. Auction Wizard tracks how many are committed and where those items are committed. AW2K also tracks how many you have available that are not committed to anything. I find the Inventory Items window indispensable even if I only have 1 of an item. My staff creates Inventory Items for every single item before it is listed. I never just create an Auction lot anymore. I find it too difficult to manage 4000+ auctions in addition to all the diverse product lines we have coming in to liquidate. But I used Inventory Items when I was running 50 auctions.

You can most certainly list on several auction sites using AW2K. eBay, eBay Stores, Yahoo, Player Auctions and Overstock. Once you get the hang of managing auctions and understand the invoicing part, you can even manage auctions on unsupported auction sites. And you can manage sales on your own website. I do it on a weekly basis.

I hope this helps you a bit. If not, well just holler and I will try again.

Have a super day!

Judy/blue

sbliss
(stranger )
07/25/06 08:56 AM

Hi Judy

It seems to be staying put now as lomg as I do not touch any other site from the drop-down menu on the auction profile to attempt to populate it. The question still remain, how do I get the other sites to list the product if I can not touch them .

You're saying the only solution is to use the inventory item method. Agree? Please advise.

bluepennylady
(member)
07/25/06 09:30 AM

HI,

Let me help with one issue at a time. Because I think a couple of different things are going on.

First, the category disappearing when you switch from one Auction profile to another is completely normal. That is if you are simply creating Auction Lots and not using Inventory Items.

For example, if I create an Auction lot for eBay(bluepennylady), fill in category, then next week change the Auction profile to Overstock(bluepennylady), the Category field is going to be blank again. I will need to select a category.

That is one of the reasons I use Inventory Items for every single item. My staff completes all the fields in Inventory Items. Then if I change the Auction lot from eBay(bluepennylady) to Overstock(bluepennylady) the category field fills in because the information is pulled from the Inventory Items record. It is more efficient to do the work in the Inventory Items.

I am not sure what you mean "If you cannot touch them" Do you mean how can you list if the category keeps disappearing when you switch between Auction Profiles? You can list the Auction lots, but you will need to fill in the Category fields when you change Auction Profiles.

Here is the way it works, If I create an Auction lot for ebay, and fill in the category field, then switch to eBAy store, the category will remain because the category selection is the same for eBay regular auctions and eBay store. But if I switch to Overstock or Yahoo, category field will be blank.

So in answer to your question, if you want to be able to switch between Auction sites without having to re-enter the category, you will either need to use Inventory Items and complete the fields. Or create an Auction lot for each Auction site where you want to list that product, complete the category field. You can always change the status of the Auction lot if you do not want to risk listing it at the wrong time. (Auction lots status can be changed by clicking the drop down menu)

I hope that makes sense.

Judy/blue

sbliss
(stranger )
07/25/06 10:42 AM

That's exactly what I was doing yesterday. I filled information for Ebay including selection of category. After that I select Yahoo from the same auction profile drop-down menu, it gives me a blank fiields to fill including selecting category. I want to repeat the same process for Overstock all of a sudden everyone of the vanished. I mean completely blanked out. So today I fiiled out for Ebay and left the rest of the sites untouched and moved on to another product. Could it be some sort of a bug too?

bluepennylady
(member)
07/25/06 11:15 AM

Hi,

You mean not just the category is what went blank, but every single field on the Auction lot? You mean the images, description, start price, Auction title line all disappeared?

Are you sure you didn't accidentally create a new Auction lot by hitting the "+" sign on the toolbar? It is above the Auction Profile drop down. My newer staff has hit that "+" button lots of times and ended up somewhere other than where they needed to be with a blank Inventory Item.

Also be sure you are hitting the Post Changes button (looks like a checkmark on the tool bar) before you change Auction profiles and sites. It is the same idea as using Word or Works, If you move to another page before you save your work, you can lose your work. I require my staff to Post Changes after they complete every field. That may be overkill but it sure keeps them from having to redo work should they accidentally hit Cancel Changes or something else happens.

The Auction Title line, Start price, Buy Price, Sub-Title field, Store and 2nd Store category fields should not go blank when changing between Auction profiles or Auction sites. The shipping Options, Item specifics and Category fields will need to be filled in every time you change Auction Profiles and Auction sites. That isn't a bug but rather a feature.

It is better to be required to edit those fields when changing Auction profiles and sites. As you know, the rules are not the same for every auction site. Overstock does not support shipping calculators or Item specifics. So if the shipping options an dItem specifics remained the auction lot would fail when submitted. The categories are very different between the Auction sites as well..

I gather you just downloaded AW2K and started using it? Once you get past the setup stuff, you will be more than pleased. AW2K makes it super easy to manage your auction business as well as Inventory. I have been using AW2K for over 4 years.

Let me know how it goes after you Post Changes to your work before you change Auction profiles and sites.

Judy/blue

sbliss
(stranger )
07/25/06 11:57 AM

Judy

Your analysis makes a whole lot of sense to me. There's only one problem there. The check mark went greyed out, it's been greyed out, still greyed out as I am talking to you.That's
why I thought of the possibility of a bug.

By the way, I have refreshed the page a million times.

Edited by sbliss on 07/25/06 12:00 PM (server time).

bluepennylady
(member)
07/25/06 12:00 PM

HI,

The checkmark will gray out until you make changes that need to be Posted. After you Post the Changes the checkmark will gray out again until there is another change to Post.

If you hit the "Edit Record" button (looks like a triangle onthe tool bar to the immediate left of the checkmark) the Edit record button will gray out and the Post changes button becomes active again.

Have you saved your work once and then the checkmark grayed out?

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads