General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 36741 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
08/09/06 10:47 PM
Can't list since Build 243  

Is anyone else having problems listing in Stores (don't know if this problem pertains to regular auctions, too)?

I downloaded/installed today's update which supports eBay's new counters. When I attempted to list some Store items, I got this error (got the same error after restarting my computer and doing the same thing):

" is not a valid time.
[quote mark was part of the error]

I clicked ok and proceeded with the listings. Right away, I had to select Manual or Automatic listing method, and I was surprised to see all my eBay listing options empty/gone. I filled everything in again but noticed the Lots were showing as Lot XX of YY instead of Lot 4 of 5. After clicking to list one Lot and then clicking the button to save my listing options, I got this error:

List index out of bounds (-1)

Anyone else having similar problems?

Sue (tictictic on eBay)

bluepennylady
(member)
08/09/06 11:43 PM
Re: Can't list since Build 243 [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Hi, Sue,

That's weird. I haven't tried listing yet. Have you scanned your hard drive for errors and then rebuilt the database? I'd sure make a backup before I did the rebuild. You might try that and see if that corrects the problem. If it doesn't, email Thom for sure.

Let me know if the rebuild gets you going or not. I'll try listing first thing in the morning around 9:00 or so and I'll post back here to let you know if I have trouble or not.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
08/10/06 00:15 AM
Re: Can't list since Build 243 new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Well, I didn't scan for errors or rebuild today, but a couple days ago, I spent an entire afternoon doing all that stuff when I had a couple tables fail to rebuild and Thom was emailing what to do (the scan took about four hours!). Got things working again with files from recent backups.

If this problem isn't just my computer, I guess we'll know by tomorrow. I must say, though, that I don't recall a single update that was glitchy and needed a quick fix.

I never know if I should Backup when I'm getting errors, or if I should just do the Rebuild and see if any tables are corrupt. Does anyone know?

Thanks, Sue (tictictic on eBay)

bluepennylady
(member)
08/10/06 00:29 AM
Re: Can't list since Build 243 new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Hi, Sue,

EEK! I hate failed tables! That little Red Failed Table and the bright yellow, Contact tech support" can certainly give a person a headache Thank goodness Thom knows how to fix it.

Thom always recommends to me to do a backup before I do a rebuild. And there has been a time or two I have been one happy camper I have had a backup.

If a rebuild is necessary due to an error, I'll not only do a backup to the hard drive but I'll burn a DVD of my database, just in case.

You might just do a quick hard drive scan instead of a thorough. The quick scan will only take a few minutes to do. And then rebuild.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
08/10/06 01:57 AM

"Red Failed Table and the bright yellow Contact tech support"???? I never see colors! What version of Windows do you have?

I back up almost daily to an external hard drive (entire computer system as well as the AW folder by itself), and I run the AW Backup utility about every other day, so I'm pretty well covered in this department. But here's what I don't get: if a program develops problems/errors/glitches, wouldn't it be a bad idea to back it up in that state, especially if the backup REPLACED an earlier, error-free backup?

And what is a quick scan? All I know of is C:\Properties - Tools - Error-checking. I don't see any option for full versus quick scan, although I remember something like that with Win98.

And I misspoke before -- what took so long was the Defrag Thom recommended. I've got a 112 GB hard drive. Can't imagine how long Defrag takes on one of the monster hard drives people have these days.

bluepennylady
(member)
08/10/06 02:19 AM

Hi, Sue,

Sorry, I didn't mean the display box was that big. On my monitor it is fair size. and the red failed table number stands out like a big red flag to me anyway. The bright yellow is the warning sign.

Boy I hear you on the defrag. My server will defrag in record time. But I have one machine in the network that takes FOREVER, I have got where I just leave the silly thing running overnight so I don't have to watch it. And the components just arrived this evening. I am upgrading that stupid thing. Besides, I think it is the demon computer in my network causing problems. So off with its head :o)

I have wondered the same thing about making backup when there are errors. After the errors are corrected and the rebuild successful, I'll make another backup of the error free database. Just to be safe. I like safe

The quick scan is in the Error Checking. Just don't select the 2 options: "Automatically Fix File system errors" And "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" Click OK and the Error checking is real quick. I'll use that option if I've just done a thorough scan and had a problem.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(member)
08/10/06 06:37 AM

HI, Sue,

It isn't just you. I tried to list and I have the exact same error message after the image upload. And the "Manual listing method" appeared. All the field values were gone on the Auction lot.

I already emailed Thom.

Judy/blue

leeflang
(newbie)
08/10/06 07:59 AM

We have the same problem and reported it just now to Thom.

Peter

bluepennylady
(member)
08/10/06 08:04 AM
Re: Can't list since Build 243 [re: leeflang]  

Hi,

If everyone is having the same problem, Thom will be one busy man this morning. But this much I know, he can fix it. That is for sure.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
08/10/06 10:57 AM
Re: Can't list since Build 243 [re: leeflang]  

Hi Peter,

Well, I'm very glad to hear this.......not that you are having problems, but that WE BOTH are having the SAME problem. I'll email Thom, too.

Sue (tictictic on eBay)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads