General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 50106 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
substance292
(newbie)
09/03/06 05:58 PM
Relisting  

Hi everyone! Hope y'all are having a great weekend :) I just have a question about listing to eBay. In the advanced settings you can check the box to list lots that cannot be relisted without asking. What exactly does this mean?

Thanks for any help - Cher

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
09/03/06 07:12 PM
Re: Relisting new [re: substance292]  

Cher:

If you are relisting an OLD lot to eBay and it is past their time to keep it on line eBay gives you a choice to post as a New auction. If you check the box you don't get the eBay dialog box and have to check it each time. With the box Unchecked every time AW2K runs into an auction that eBay has deleted you would have to reply to the dialog box.

I just realized my explaination is a bit convoluted. So I thought that there might be something in Thom's help file. I checked and here it is ... it's a LOT clearer than what I just wrote. LOL

List Auction Lots that cannot be relisted without asking - This checkbox controls how the program behaves when an Auction Lot cannot be relisted because it is no longer in the eBay database. When this box is unchecked a dialog box is displayed each time an Auction Lot cannot be relisted. The dialog box gives you the option to list the lot as a new auction. When this box is checked any Auction Lots that cannot be relisted are listed as a new auctions without asking.

Hope this helps. Have a good holiday.

Garry

substance292
(newbie)
09/03/06 10:43 PM
Re: Relisting new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi Garry,

If a current auction is queued for listing and I remove the auction ID, would it then be listed as a new auction on eBay?

- Cher

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/03/06 10:51 PM

Cher,

I'm not Garry but I'll answer anyway. Yes it would. An Auction is eligible for a relist credit for 30 days from the close date. So if you forget to re-list within the 30 days, (like I do sometimes when I don't queue them in advance) and you don't select the advanced option, the listing will fail. Deleting the old Auction Id number, will prevent the lot from failing.

Keep in mind that if you should delete the auction id number and the auction lot is actually eligible for a re-list credit, you won't receive the credit as the only method eBay or Overstock has for tracking credits is that Auction number.

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
09/04/06 00:01 AM
Re: Relisting new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy! I thought you left town?

I only ask that question because the relist credit is only for the first relist. If it should happen that I relist more than once, I was thinking that the second relist should actually be a new listing, so that I can get the credit if I need to do it again. Does that make sense?

- Cher

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/04/06 03:55 AM

Mornin Cher:

Yea - what Judy said about taking out the Auction ID Number.

In reference to the relist credit fee. As far as I know I have never been limited. As long as the auction sells on relist I get the credit. My experience has been that each time a lot resells a relist credit fee is issued. Each fee is given again as long as a relist is done within that next 30 day period. But as Judy said - if you post that FIRST relist after 30 days - Nada on credit. You're sunk. So delete the number and list as new. But with that check mark in place heck give it a try if they give you credit lucky you if they don't then it will list as a new auction.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/04/06 05:50 AM
Re: Relisting [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Do you mean eBay is issuing you a re-list credit if your auction sells on relist count number 3? Or whatever the list count as long as it sells after the very first listing.

In all seriousness, I am issued a relist credit only every other time. Meaning, if the Auction doesn't sell, list count 1 and I relist and it doesn't sell. List count 2. I list again, list count 3, and the auction sells, no relist credit.

But if the Auction does not sell list count 3 and I relist again, list count 4 and the Auction sells, Then I am issued a relist credit.

If you receive a relist credit no matter what the List count is, I need to know. 'Cause ebay owes me some relist credits!!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/04/06 11:21 AM
Re: Relisting [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Sorry I'm late in answering this. Today has been a mess and am just now getting to answer emails etc.

As far as the Relist Credits: -- I'm looking at a particular set of stamps in an auction I've had going for well over a year. It is the original set up of the auction so when I click on additional fields I see the history of it. These are Reprints of German Zeppelin stamps. The originals are so expensive not many people will own them. So knowing they are buying reprints many people want them as space fillers. They have been up every other week in auction now since 03/13/2005. The first time up it didn't sell the second time it did and I got a Relist Credit fee. I put it up again it sold, and again got a relist credit fee, then up again it sold, and again a relist credit fee. Next time up it didn't sell. Up again, It sold, got a relist credit fee. And on and on every two weeks, I skip a week between listings.

That is one of the dramatic ones and all I have done is simply once it sells, delete buyer and let the auction reset, click on AUCTION SITE / Queue Lot For Listing.

I can't easily tell though from the eBay invoice as it is so confusing and everything isn't in any special order. But when the auctions end the relist credit is shown in AW2K.

Hope this helps

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/04/06 11:40 AM
Re: Relisting [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Thanks!! The same thing would work if I simply duplicate the auction lot and add the old Auction id number. I am going to do that>

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/04/06 11:47 AM
Re: Relisting [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Yea, I've done that too. If I do a second chance offer and it doesn't sell. I simply change the auction number in it back to the original auction ID number and relist. if the original has not yet paid and the lot is still on line I put an X behind the auction ID just to make sure it doesn't get confused and when it's time to leave feedback take it away and when done I delete the auction because it has already gone back up.

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads