General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 12834 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/23/06 03:30 PM
Edit names of ship options?  

Does anyone know what AW program file or Registry entry we can edit to change the way the Shipping Service options display in the drop-down menu? I want to eliminate the US Postal Service and the transit times from all of them and rename the options FIRST CLASS, PRIORITY, PARCEL POST, and so on, so my old eyes can pick out the one I want FAST. There's just too much extraneous info in that list -- we do not need to know how long the various methods take, and we don't need the name of the shipper spelled out over and over. I'm sure this is just a copy of what eBay's listing form shows, but we should be able to customize it.

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/23/06 06:11 PM
Re: Edit names of ship options? new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

The drop down menu Shipping Options cannot be edited. Yes the list does match what is offered on eBay. If I am not mistaken, which I'll get corrected if I am , the list needs to match what is offered on eBay in order for the options to submit. All the other software programs I have ever evaluated displayed the shipping options exactly in the same manner.

I know that can be what could be consider a pain for us "old sellers" and I don't necessarily mean old as in age. I mean old as in been sellin' a while. For the new sellers all the options are necessary as are the delivery time frames. Without the time frames listed, for my staff, I would have to make print off sheets so everyone could remember what is what.

To make it easier to see, have you tried changing your screen resolution. Or you might consider, here I go again with the Profiles, creating a Profile for each shipping option you wish to offer. e.g. Profile First class, Profile Priority, etc. Then you could set the Auction lot defaults in the manner you want, create an Auction lot for that particular shipping option profile and no more trying to squint and see Might work.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/24/06 01:39 AM
Re: Edit names of ship options? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Sounds like I'm going to have to just put up with all the excess verbiage. I understand about why it has to match what's on eBay -- understand, don't like. Just wish eBay had put the basic names of the methods before the other info, as in PRIORITY, US Postal Service (2 to 3 business days) -- would be SO much easier to tell them apart at a glance.

I'd never have the patience to select a different Profile when I want a different shipping method. Almost every item I sell is unique in my inventory, so I can't just decide to do First Class items for a while and a batch of Priority things next. There is no order to my universe. LOL

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/24/06 05:20 AM

In reply to:

There is no order to my universe. LOL

That is so funny. My husband is the same way. No order to h is universe and he is married to must have order in her universe girl. However, I have learned in order to keep from having atomic meltdowns or the beginning of World War events, to just let his disarrayed universe be disarrayed

Well at least I tried to find a solution for your annoying problem Who knows, I might come up with something yet.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/24/06 11:13 AM
Re: Edit names of ship options? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Bluepennylady wrote: "Who knows, I might come up with something yet."

Well, if anybody could, it's you.

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/24/06 01:32 PM

Okay, Just got home from church AND lunch that wasn't that good and took 2-1/2 hours to get. Next Sunday, I am cooking for the whole group. This is ridiculous. By now I could have feed, watered and done the dishes up.

Anyway, okay, I'll get to workin' an an answer. It is now a quest

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads