General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 54657 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(addict)
10/16/06 10:19 AM
Re: Updating Images in Online Auctions new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

No apology. That information needs to be posted for everyone. Images and sizes is always a highly discussed subject. And newbies often need help. Now they can search the forums and have really good information pull up.

And even though I understand the image thing, I'll refer back to this as images are "not my thing" I leave the photograph thing to my daughter in law, she's the photographer. And she tells me what settings to use and what to do. I set the camera to where she says and leave that thing alone

Now if you ask me about horses, I can help you with that

Judy/blue

superbuy
(stranger )
10/16/06 01:45 PM

Thanks Garry, this is good information. I wasn't aware of the JPG loss of quality. I'm learning a lot from you pro's.

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/16/06 06:10 PM
Re: Updating Images in Online Auctions new [re: superbuy]  

Larry:

I'm happy that the information was helpful to you. A lot of people don't realize that each time they save a JPG they have cut a tiny bit of the quality away. That is why it is so important to do as much of the editing as possible in one session and then save. Also it is a good idea (if space is available) to save the reworked image under a new name and keep the original scan under another name. That way if major work has to be done you can go back to the original and still have the best JPG available to use.

I'm wondering if it would be helpful to put together a downloadable PDF booklet on Images, Scanning, editing etc for web and print use. If anyone thinks it is something that may be useful we should try to get it produced and available to AW2K people.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/16/06 06:21 PM

Garry,

YES!!! I think that is an excellent idea. The more information we can get our hands on the more likely we are to be successful in our online Auction businesses. And sharing with fellow AW2K users is just the ticket.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/16/06 06:28 PM
Re: Updating Images in Online Auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

I can begin working on something in a day or so. It should include digital camera images as well as images coming from a scanner and those that are downloaded "borrowed" from the internet.

I'll work on a draft and put it up where anyone interested can get to it and then leave their comments. That sound OK? Also if anyone has an idea of an outline or anything to be included let me know

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/16/06 06:58 PM

Garry,

That is a wonderful idea! You are a gem. But then maybe I am partial. Just don't tell anyone

I have a small bit of image information. As I said Images are not my forte. I know the basics and can use the AW2K image editor frontwards and backwards. But boy howdy, the scanning images into my computer, well -'taint happen' vern. Of course, it might help if I had a scanner. I do have 4 digital cameras though. Does that count?

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/16/06 07:26 PM
Re: Updating Images in Online Auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
The digital cameras are really scanners. The 'puter sees them the same way. I would advise using some FREE software called Ifranview http://www.irfanview.com also while there download the plugins.

I'll take care of that in the PDF but it is a great way to download the pix from a digital camera and do some preliminary work on them. So either a scanner, or a Digital Camera or "borrowed" images from the internet are all ways that images may be obtained for AW2K and each of them can be optimized for the best results visually as well as not taking up TONS of room on a server.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/16/06 07:33 PM

Garry,

I have to use removeable media in order to load images into AW2K. I do not use the camera cabling. Reason being, several staff members share a single camera. SD cards are much cheaper than buying a camera for every workstation. Although, I sure would like to have another Nikon D50. Oh yes I would!

My staff adds the images directly into AW2K. The images are edited in AW2K. I have my camera settings selected to the standard or lowest resolution. Same resolution suitable for sending images in an email or web design. I'd have to look at again to see what the DPI is. I don't remember off the top of my head.

But I will check out the software! A couple of my seller friends at Overstock were just talking about the Iframview software the other day and were wondering if anyone had used it. I'll tell them I know someone who has {smile]

Judy/blue

superbuy
(stranger )
10/17/06 09:48 PM

Garry,

That would be great and very useful to us AW2K users. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Larry

superbuy
(stranger )
10/17/06 09:57 PM

Another great program to handle image files is the free Google Image program Picasa2. I use removeable media from my camera and put it in my printer media slot. Picasa2 automatically downloads the media into folders of my choice. It will find existing media on your computer, you can view, edit, share and more. I like it because it is easy to use and does a great job.
http://picasa.google.com/

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads