General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 38445 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(member)
10/31/06 10:52 AM
Re: Un-queuing new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Forgot to tell you - after I do the cleanup on the website and in the software and see how that works - I'll email Thom. It may be me so I want to make sure everything is cleared up before I email him with something that isn't a problem but a user error.

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/31/06 11:02 AM

For some reason, I was thinking "manually" changing the Status of a Lot would not work to unqueue it. Brain flatulence, I guess.

Thanks, Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/31/06 11:05 AM
Re: Un-queuing new [re: AquilaStamps]  

No, not the Website Lots queue -- the regular auction Lots queue. Yeah, I know about "manually" changing the
Status with the drop-down menu, but for some dumb reason, I didn't think that would work to un-queue a Lot. Thanks for setting me straight.

Sue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/31/06 11:06 AM
Re: Un-queuing new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

I am really glad it was just a brain flatulenate . 'Cause I was hoping something wasn't wrong with your database and maybe the manual Unqueue was working improperly. Which would be so bad.

Boy am I relieved!

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/31/06 11:12 AM

Garry,

Which option you select for your AW2K generated websites depends on how you want to use your website. I do them both. But primarily, I use "When online include in website xxxx" option as I like the live links to live auctions better. But either one will work.

I manually manipulated auctions yesterday, adding to websites and removing the lots. I could not find any errors or duplicate what you have experienced.

I rebuild my database 3 times a week and backup everyday. I burn a DVD 3 times a week, minimum. If I have to rebuild because of an error, I will make a DVD prior to the rebuild. But then I am in a network environment with 6 people adding data everyday so it requires more rebuilding to keep everything in order.

I would be sure and let Thom know what is going on with your websites in case there is something amiss. But between the 2 options, something amiss or user error, I'll vote for user error then you don't have to worry about something being wrong

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/31/06 11:53 AM
Re: Un-queuing new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:
It happens huh? . I know, cause I get that way sometimes also. Glad the solutions work for you though. Lots easier huh?

Garry

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/31/06 11:56 AM

Judy:
Thanks. I like the user error choice too. 'Cause that's most likely what has caused the problem. I've taken down everything from the website and re-uploaded. Now I'll see what happens in the next couple of days. Thanks for the suggestions and ideas. I'm gonna try the other selection also and see what happens.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/31/06 12:19 PM

Garry,

I don't know what will happen as far as the "Remove Lot"issue but I can tell you this, lots of my buyers click through on the Auction link. Which if they buy translates out to a Store referral credit

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads