General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 25031 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
11/05/06 12:01 PM
Total COG for multi-item Invoices  

Hi gang,

Is there some place in AW where it displays the sum of the individual Item Costs for all the Lots on a multi-Lot Invoice?

For example, when someone buys 10 or 20 things on a single Invoice, and I'm entering the info on my Excel account sheet, I have to go to each Lot and make a note of the Item Cost, then use -- horrors! -- an old-fashioned calculator or -- biggers HORRORS! -- my very old-fashioned brain to figure out the total cost. It just seems like this is something AW probably totals up, but I don't know where to look for it.

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/05/06 01:23 PM
Re: Total COG for multi-item Invoices new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

The reports in AW2K do not allow for addition/subtraction functionality. I know there are suggestions for the feature. (Personally that is one feature I would love to have)

The only reports that allow the ItemCost added to them are the Inventory and Auction lot reports.

Using my brain isn't always the best choice. The calculator is generally much safer, at least for me. Wouldn't want to overload my overloaded brain

If I figure something out I'll let you know.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/05/06 02:55 PM

Sue:
A non elegant way would be to let excel do it for you. If someone has purchased 5 things and in the excel cell just type =15.25+2.99+3.75+16.89+12.22

Make sure us use the =sign. When you're done hit enter and excel will give you the total in that cell. If you need to add one more later just go to the cell and at the end of the line type +2.00

I know it's not elegant but it will work. Also copy and past will work too. Copy the amount from AW2K and CTRL+V (paste) it after the plus sign on the line in excel.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/05/06 04:06 PM
Re: Total COG for multi-item Invoices new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi,

Garry, I like that that'll work now won't it.

I keep poking in the reports. One of these days I am going to figure out how to get that thing to add and subtract. Of course, it might be easier just to send Thom a request for adding and subtracting.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/05/06 04:59 PM
Re: Total COG for multi-item Invoices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Yep, it'll work. Also if she had any updates or discounted stuff that needs to be entered it is a simple matter. Also if there is a need to do a daily COG then it is a easy thing to sum the cells at the bottom.

To have Thom add basic + - * / do aw2k reports would be really helpful. I'm sure it is not on the top of his list but one day it will be nice to have it there.

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
11/05/06 06:53 PM

Hi Garry,

Well, that's a cool way to do it, and I am a big fan of Excel formulas, but......that method still requires looking at every one of the Lots to find each individual cost (usually, they are all different -- not selling multiples of the same thing unfortunately). I'm just lazy.

So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed this feature will appear in the near future. I'll also post it in the Wish List topic.

Sue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/05/06 07:02 PM

Sue:
Sorry I couldn't help with a better solution. Let me stare at excel and aw2k for a bit and see what I can find out. There has to be a way. What I told you earlier was a workaround and usually workarounds aren't the easiest way of doing something.

Have you tried exporting to a CVS file and then using that file for your excel sheet. It would be a matter of mergin the cells from the two sheets from the cvs to your excel COG file.
Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/05/06 07:09 PM

hey,

I have been trying different reports in-between loads of laundry, mopping floors and vaccuuming. Another idea will hit me and I'll run in to try it. Now if the ItemCost was a value for DbCal formula for Invoice Items, it could be done. HUMM, I wonder if Thom could add that value to the Invoice reports.

Off to ask. Well, maybe ask in the morning,

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/05/06 07:11 PM
Re: Total COG for multi-item Invoices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
Nice brainstorm. Maybe that is something Thom could easily add.

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
11/05/06 07:39 PM

I fooled around with the CVS export for a while, but I couldn't get the column titles just right.....or something. Can't remember exactly why I gave up. I've been using Excel to track income/costs for about 10 years, starting before I started selling on eBay, so I'm a little stuck in my ways. Also, I'm fond of my formatting and colors, and don't you have to reformat or at least Paste-Special the formats every time you import the file?

Sue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/05/06 09:39 PM

Sue:
Know what you mean about loving what ya got. No you don't have to mess up stuff when you paste. You can paste using DESTINATION FORMATTING. that way you keep your colors and stuff

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads