General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 33297 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
TexasBrat
(stranger )
12/01/06 05:32 PM
Extra Info Showing up In lIsting  

I'm a newbie and have encountered something that has me confused. After I've listed my item and I go check to make sure I've not goofed on something, I noticed at the very bottom of my listing there is the payment info from Paypal and additional shipping instructions. I didn't put that information in anywhere and it directly contradicts what I have in my listing. Where in the world is this info coming from so I can go change it? I have to revise my listing everytime to change the info. I also have insurance as optional but this also shows "not offered" which I have to change during revision. Thanks for your help.

Old enough to know better, too young to resist

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 05:48 PM
Re: Extra Info Showing up In lIsting new [re: TexasBrat]  

HI there,

Been there done that

The payment instructions are on the Lister window after images have uploaded. The payment instructions window is located on the Additional options tab. Be sure to complete that field.

Shipping options are defined in one of 2 places. You can set default options for each Auction profile. Go to File | Auction profiles. One the very bottom click the button that is Edit Auction lot Defaults and shipping options. When you click that button another page appears where you can define shipping options defaults, including insurance being optional.

Shipping options including insurance options can be defined on individual Auction lots. Look at one of your Auction lots, Click the "Shipping Options" tab. Part way down is the Shipping insurance field. In that field you select whether shipping insurance is optional, required, etc.

Be sure you have edited "Preferences> shipping discounts>Insurance option in My Ebay. If you have your insurance set to Not offered there or unavailable, Insurance will not appear in your listings at all.

See if that helps.

Judy/blue

TexasBrat
(stranger )
12/01/06 06:38 PM
Re: Extra Info Showing up In lIsting new [re: bluepennylady]  

o lordy, how dense am I. Found it, fixed it...TY! Now I have another question. Would someone mind going to my auction and checking out the text? You can see that ever so often the words are run together. When I preview my template, it is not like this, but after viewing after posting it has run some of the words together. Any clue why this is happening?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250056542871

Suzy

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 06:45 PM

Hi,

Did you copy and paste the text into the Listing template?

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/01/06 07:12 PM

Hi:
As Judy asked - did you cut and paste the info into AW2K? If so and you typed it in NotePad or any other word processor make sure you have wordwrap checked as ON. If it is set to OFF it will sometimes cause words to break in wrong ways or throw words together. Also in the Template Editor in AW2K make sure you go under OPTIONS and check on Compress HTML Code and HTML word wrap. Hope this helps.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 07:23 PM
Re: Extra Info Showing up In lIsting new [re: AquilaStamps]  

AND Did you Convert your listing template to a Pure HTML?

I looked at your source code. It looks as if there are line breaks where they should not be. If turning on the Word wrap does not work, try writing your description in bulleted list form and see if that helps. Might try doing your payment terms using the bulleted list form as well.

See we are just full of ideas Be sure and tell us if any of our ideeeesss have helped or not

Judy/blue

TexasBrat
(stranger )
12/02/06 07:50 AM

Yes I did cut and paste but I did it from MS Frontpage. I converted to HTML and then pasted the code from Frontpage. This is the format I had used before AW. I did all my auction templates in FrontPage, then copied the html to the description field. So this old dog gonna have to learn new tricks I see! Not sure what I have to do though to make the html from Frontpage compatible with AW.

Suzy

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/02/06 08:04 AM

Suzy,

That is what I thought after looking at the source code. No problem. You can do it. So don't panic

Do what Garry said to do. Anytime you write code in FrontPage or Word, always copy it into Notepad first and save it. Then copy from Notepad into AW2K.

See if that works better.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/02/06 09:55 AM

Another tip now that we are using HTML templates in AW2L - after opening FrontPage and before doing anything at all on the blank page - click on the lower left HTML button. SELECT ALL and then DELETE. That gets rid of all of the necessary boilerplate stuff for a web page but it only causes trouble in HTML for other things such as AW2K.

Then go ahead and do your thing for auctions in FrontPage. Once you are done - do what you have done before and select all on the HTML page and copy and then Paste into NotePad. Once in Note Pad Select all again, COPY and then Paste into AW2K. Also remember about the word wrap thingie.

I know this is a lot of cutting and pasting but it will take out unnecessary junk that can and will cause problems later.

Ummm, no please, don't eat the paste. I know there's lots of it here but ..... remember what teacher told us.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/02/06 10:03 AM
Re: Extra Info Showing up In lIsting new [re: AquilaStamps]  

In reply to:

don't eat the paste

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads