General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 12909 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/12/06 10:42 PM
API 37 Error  

I'm new to this program and trying to put up some ebay auctions. I got everything setup that seems correct but when I go to post my auctions I get:
"API error code 37: Input data for tag <Item.PictureDetails.GalleryURL> is invalid or missing."
The same error someone else was getting. Problem is that post didn't say what actually fixed the problem. I do have selected to have a gallery ($) image posted. From what I've read by default it will just use the first image in the Lot. I don't have a webspace to upload gallery images to for the Manual Gallery Image option. Is that what I'm going to have to do? Or am I missing something else? I could really use some help with this. My email is chachilongshot@hotmail.com or I'm on AIM under chachi longshot if anyone can walk me through this.

Thanks.

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/13/06 00:02 AM
Re: API 37 Error new [re: Anonymous]  

HI,

Welcome to the boards!

When you say you do not have web space to manually upload gallery images, do you mean you do not webspace for hosting your auction images? So do you have an FTP account setup in AW2K?

Have you successfully complete the "FTP" account settings test? If not, you should do so. That will tell you if AW2K is communicating with your web space.

You do not have to manually upload Gallery Images. You can but it is easier to use the "Gallery ($) setting as you have done.

Instead of listing several auctions, just list one auction. The process of listing is as follows:

Queue the Auction lot for listing.
List Queued Auction lots

(Here is Listing Wizard appears)
Click List Lots
AW2K uploads your images to your FTP account.

After images are uploaded, the Lister appears.

On the far left side of the description, is a "Preview" button. If you click that button, your Auction lot will be displayed in your browser so you can see what it looks like.

On the upper right hand side of the Lister, are tabs. The fields on tabs must be completed.

If you select Paypal on the Basic tab, the Paypal email field becomes active. Be sure you add your email address.

Carefully check each tab and be sure all the fields are completed. When the fields are completed as you like, hit the "Save Options" located in the lower right hand side.

After you do the FTP test, let me know if the test is successful or not.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/13/06 11:26 AM
Re: API 37 Error new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks for the help.

I started looking at my FTP settings, cause I'd filled it out and was able to upload my pictures, but hadn't run the Test FTP Settings before.

Turns out I had forgotten to fill out the HTTP address field. That was the root of all the problems. Before when I went to preview my listing the picture only showed up as a broken link.

Now everything works great. Got my first auction listed. Got about 40+ more that are going up later today.

Thanks

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/13/06 11:28 AM
Re: API 37 Error new [re: Anonymous]  

HI,

Excellent! You might want to list several auction lots individually until you are certain everything is to your liking.

Judy/blue

mygear
(stranger )
03/01/07 05:05 PM
Re: API 37 Error new [re: bluepennylady]  

In order to list an item, does one absolutely have to have a photo of what they want to list?

MyGearStore
Needing help as usual.

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
03/01/07 06:52 PM
Re: API 37 Error new [re: mygear]  

Hi:
The Picture question is a good one and lots of people are never sure. But the answer is no you don't need a picture to have an auction lot. In AW2K all you have to do is fill in the normal fields for your auction and just don't have a picture imported into the auction. Once your auction is ready you can list it as any other auction. Many times a Picture helps in an auction as the bidders get to see what the item looks like. But if none is available then there isn't much you can do. I would suggest that in your description you simply note that no photo is available.

The only thing to watch out for is in the template if you have a specific place for a picture that would be blank you may want to have a special "no picture" template. However, most of the usual templates will be fine without a photo. Just get your auction ready and do a preview to make sure.

This was a rather long answer to say nope you sure don't need a photo.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/01/07 07:18 PM

Hi,

I agree with Garry. It is not completely necessary you have an image. Something you might keep in mind.

When writing a description, the words should describe the item like there wasn't an image. If you read the words, you could close your eyes and picture the item.

Images should depicit the item so that words are not necessary.

Geez, I need to tell my new staff this again!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
03/01/07 07:26 PM

Hi:

As Judy said it's all in the description. Many times that's the best part of the auction. It doesn't have to be a long drawn out description. Using bullets you can give several short quick points that draw a pretty good photo in the bidder's mind of what you are selling.

Another tip is that if you have a generic photo you could use that. I've done that on occasion with Stamp Albums - Just pulled the image into PhotoShop (or some other editing software) and added type across the face of the image "representation only - not the exact item".

Garry

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads