General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 12169 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mygear
(stranger )
03/08/07 11:10 AM
Relisting etc.  

How do I have AW2K Automatically relist my items each week without my even opening the program? Is that even possible?

MyGearStore
Needing help as usual.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/08/07 11:35 AM
Re: Relisting etc. new [re: mygear]  

Hi,

You have to Queue auctions for listing, Go to Auction site on the menu and List queued lots.

AW2K has to be ran in order for you to perform any tasks. You can Queue auctions in groups at the same time by going to the Grid view, clicking on the first Auction lot you want to Queue, hold down the shift key and then select the last Auction lot you want to Queue. Everything in-between becomes blue, Hit the Queue for Listing button that is located on the divider, far left side right next to the yellow hands, directly below the "Description and Images" button. That Queue for listing button enables you to Queue multiple lots all at once.

You can select non-contiguous Auction lots by using the Ctrl key instead of the shift and then clicking individual lots to Queue.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

mygear
(stranger )
03/08/07 11:50 AM
Re: Relisting etc. new [re: bluepennylady]  

So each week I have to relist my lots manually as soon as they are over then?

MyGearStore
Needing help as usual.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/08/07 11:52 AM

HI,

You must Queue Auction lots so they can be listed. You have 30 days to relist an Auction lot in order for it to qualify for a relist credit should the Auction lot sell the second time.

Judy/blue

mygear
(stranger )
03/08/07 12:12 PM
Re: Relisting etc. new [re: bluepennylady]  

1.Once a lot sells, can i relist the same lot or do i have to create another one from inventory?
2. If a lot doesn't sell will AW2K relist it? For instance, if i have a listing to be listed for seven days, at the end of those seven days, is there a way to have auction wizard relist that lot again without me going into AW2K? Is there a setting that I can put on for that? Basically what I want is to set up the program once and have it relist forever for me until I go back in and tell it to stop. Can I do that with this program?

MyGearStore
Needing help as usual.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/08/07 12:34 PM

Hi,

You do not need to create a new auction lot. Simply Queue the Offline Auction lot for listing.

No, you have to Queue lots for listing. There has been a suggestion for re-occurring listing function in AW2K.

I will say, I have done Beta and evaluation testing on numerous other software programs that do have scheduled or reocurring listing. That is-- where you just keep listing the same auctions over and over again without user interaction or intervention.

There were a great deal of errors and problems. One being the chance of overselling exists and did happen numerous times. As you can have re-occuring Auctions. One will sell, and you do not realize it sold before a new batch is launched. If you are involved in drop shipping, the re-occuring batch is a nightmare. As you may not be able to stop the listing if/when you are notified an item is no longer in stock.

If the Auction site changes policies, which they often do, your auctions could be in non-compliance with those new rules, you list, as it is impossible for anyone to remember exactly what is in the re-occuring batches, the Auction is cancelled or you are suspended and you eat those listing fees.

If you are going to run reports to audit what is in the re-occuring batches each day, you might as well be involved in the Queueing and setting the auctions. None of the testers found the reports a quick or efficient method of managing re-occuring batches. Checking each auction lot was much more efficient and produced less listing errors.

Re-occurring batch listings tend to make the seller lazy. If an auction does not sell rather than being forced to deal with the Auction, Looking at completed listings, doing some research, the seller tends to simply relist over and over again submitting the Auction in the same manner which did not sell the first time.

Since the seller tends to neglect checking why the Auction lots did not sell and correcting the Title line or price point, the seller fees tend to increase greatly impacting their bottom line.

There is also the issue of unbatching scheduled listings should there be a problem. Removing the re-occuring auctions from the batch is not always as easy as it sounds. And we found during our testing it was often impossible. Regardless of what the other software companies tell you. If it is close to time for the batch to launch, removing the Auction isn't always something that is easy to do.

I am relating actual incidents that I was personally involved with and in while testing other software. A great deal of the testing was quite recent.

Just some food for thought.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
03/27/07 01:30 PM

If you opened an eBay Store and listed your items as GTC (Good Till Cancelled), they will automatically relist over and over, until you end them or close your Store.

Sue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads