General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 8379 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jmcafee
(stranger )
06/14/07 12:44 PM
Store Lot now Auction Lot: What to do next?  

Hello,

I've converted an eBay store lot to an auction lot through eBay's online management. AW treats the store lot as off line. I then imported the new auction lot, but it no longer ties back to the original inventory item.

Question 1: What is the best way to get the imported auction lot to tie back to the original inventory item, including pictures and shipping detail without a lot of cut/paste/cuss?

Question 2: Should I have not used the eBay automated conversion procedure, instead originating the auction lot creation through AW?

Thanks for your replies to both questions.

Jim

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/14/07 07:56 PM
Re: Store Lot now Auction Lot: What to do next? new [re: jmcafee]  

Jim,

I am sorry it took so long for me to see your post. I won't tell you that I am at eBay Live Walking my legs off. Geez there is a lot to see. I think I am a full foot shorter :o)

Since you have already imported, the easiest manner to associate the imported Auction lot is to go back to the original Inventory Item, create an auction lot for the profile that you just imported that new auction for--
Paste the Auction id into the Auction Id field, change the Start/Close date fields to match what you did on eBay,
Change the Status to Online
Delete the imported Auction lot.

And the answer is yes. It is easier to create a new Auction lot in AW2K and list it. Just end the eBay store auction lot. The cost is the same in terms of listing fees. And you have to change the qty unless you are going to do a Fixed price auction.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

jmcafee
(stranger )
06/16/07 05:34 PM
Re: Store Lot now Auction Lot: What to do next? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thank you Judy. I came to the same conclusions as your suggestions.

Jim

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads