General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 14650 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Ned
(member)
07/13/07 07:24 AM
Status of All Online Auction  

When I click Auction Sites/Update All Lots, the Status of All Online Auctions displays. Right now I'm using 4 different Auction Profiles on eBay. I typically get, for instance, 'Auction Profile "China"' and then on the next line "No changes..."

The last profile of the 4 frequently shows an Auction Lot, as if that lot had changed status though it hasn't that I can tell.

If I immediately pick Auction Sites/Update All Lots again, all 4 profiles come up "No changes...".

I don't see this as an AW bug, but I am curious what's going on.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/13/07 10:08 AM
Re: Status of All Online Auction new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

It isn't a bug at all but the way AW2000 is designed. The help file in the Tutorial explains how the "Status of all On Line Auctions" works. It is in the note part under "After your Auction closes" It reads:

Note: The Status of All On Line Auctions dialog box will only display Auction Lots listed on eBay or eBay Stores that are newly listed, have had bidding activity, or have ended since the last time they were updated.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Ned
(member)
07/13/07 10:52 AM
Re: Status of All Online Auction new [re: bluepennylady]  

In reply to:

... are newly listed, have had bidding activity, or have ended since the last time they were updated.

Judy,

What I'm saying is that none of these cases apply. Not new, no bidding activity, haven't ended yet. Still unchanged auction lots sometimes appear in the Status box. Not always the same lot, and sometimes more than one. Come to think of it, it's not always the auction profile at the end of the list --sometimes ones in the middle have these unchanged lots displayed--but it's much more common for the last profile.

I'm guessing that eBay can be kinda glitchy in what info it returns to AW.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/13/07 01:31 PM

Ned,

A bid retraction will also cause the Auction lot to appear.

I also think, and this is just Judy thinking as I have not investigated thoroughly, but it appears to me Auction lots which were not searchable for one reason or the other, when they become searchable, that somehow affects that status. But that is something I haven't really looked at. So I am just making an uneducated guess

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
07/13/07 08:16 PM

Judy/Ned:
I have noticed the same thing. I would see an auction listed that I didn't see any changes. But I figured it out in my case, it was "watchers". When someone watches or stop watches it will show up as a change. And that was something that you might overlook in the ebay views.

Just my observations, in my case!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/13/07 09:11 PM
Re: Status of All Online Auction new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

I wondered about the "watcher" changes as well too. But since we don't know exactly how eBay treats those changes, it is only speculation. I have really wondered about watchers though.

Judy/blue

Ned
(member)
07/17/07 08:08 AM

OK, so we all agree on the speculation.

It boils down to this. AW asks eBay if there have been any changes to an auction. eBay decides whether or not there have been any changes, and responds to AW.

In addition to changes that we and AW would think important, eBay may count other things as a change--possibly someone deciding to watch the auction (or to stop), or perhaps just an internal eBay comm glitch that made an auction inaccessible. Who knows?

Thanks all.
Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/17/07 08:31 AM

Ned,

I really don't know if "Watch" causes an auction lot status change. Any and all bidding activity does cause a status change. It appears to me the "watch" does sometimes cause the auction to appear. I just haven't messed around with it to be certain.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
07/17/07 09:20 AM

Yea I don't know if it happens on a consistent basis either.
But you know if we all get real about this, does anything ebay does stay consistent???
Remember some of the discussions we have had with the search feature, geez talk about inconsistent results!
I am all for change and improvement but "fluctuation just because" could drive us all nuts. And I know I have mentioned this before, I am SO glad I am not Thom!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/17/07 09:38 AM
Re: Status of All Online Auction new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

Isn't that the truth! Poor Thom, the guy works his fingers to the bone. Up early and stay up late when eBay does all these changes to keep us up and running.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads