General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 8786 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

DEALS2000
(newbie)
08/11/07 08:45 AM
Image sizing  

Hello all, when I crop my pictures is there a way to make sure they are the same size?

I sometimes put more that one piture in an auction and I would like the pics to be the same size.

Thanks

Thanks,

Steve

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/11/07 10:36 AM
Re: Image sizing new [re: DEALS2000]  

Steve,

Yes, in the image editor look in the lower left hand corner. The image size is displayed. You can then go to the "Resize tool" located on the tool bar. It is right next to the Crop tool. The image size is displayed there and you can Grow by factor x or Shrink by factor x. Be sure to use even numbers to Grow or Shrink. Otherwise you risk an image being distorted.

Hope that helps/

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/12/07 01:03 PM
Re: Image sizing new [re: bluepennylady]  

If you make the images bigger, do they load slower (for the person who might click on your auction)? I tried making a couple images larger & it took longer than normal for them to come up. Just wondering.....
Thanks
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/12/07 01:57 PM
Re: Image sizing new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

By default, AW2000 will upload images 300 x 300. Which is a really good size. I believe the largest size eBay allows is 400 x 400 but I would have to double check on that. If you want to change the JPEG output as well as the image size you can do that by going to File | Program options. The applet that opens on the right hand size has both of those options.

But before you change any of those settings, here is something else you might want to try. (Images are my shortfall. I learned this from Garry Aquillastamps )

Change the settings on your camera to take the best possible highest resolution image. Instead of the lowest settings. Then when you add the images to AW2000 you can edit it and the fine details show up without losing quality. AW2000 will upload the image according to the default settings the the program options. So the images will look good.

I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't let me know and I'll go hunt up Garry to make better sense of the images. That use to be what he did, set images for publications so he is really good at it )

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads