General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 25112 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
10/11/07 02:19 PM
Order of Images  

This might be a Windows thing, not an AW thing, but for years, I've been annoyed by the order in which images get added to a Lot when I use Shift-Select and then either click Open or hit the Enter key. I am trying to avoid having to reorder the images. All images that will be associated with a single Lot get the same name with a different number at the end, such as Spoon1.jpg (being the image I want first, the Gallery image), Spoon2.jpg, Spoon3.jpg, and so on. Problem is, when I add these images, they end up with Spoon2 first, then Spoon1, then Spoon3. I also noticed that if I select them from the bottom up, they end up in that order -- Spoon3, Spoon2, Spoon1, so why they don't end up 1, 2, 3 when I select them from the top down is a mystery to me. I've also noticed that if one of the images has no number after the name, it ends up on the bottom of the list -- opposite to standard alphabetizing.

The only way around this is to add them one at a time (like we used to have to do), but I definitely don't want to resort to that.

Am I missing something here? Should I be using a different naming protocol? What can I do to get the Gallery image automatically on top?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/11/07 02:45 PM
Re: Order of Images new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Try using Ctrl key instead of shift to select the order of images.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
10/11/07 03:19 PM
Re: Order of Images new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Using Ctrl key to select images in the required order still resulted in their being added 2, 1, 3. And it didn't matter if I selected an image first then pushed the Ctrl key or pushed the Ctrl key and then selected the images. Weird huh?

Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/11/07 03:27 PM

Sue,

I don't understand why that happens either. May have to search the Microsoft knowledge base to see. But it doesn't just occur in AW2000. That happens sometimes in other programs when adding a bunch of stuff. Like the first two get totally ignored in the sequence or something,

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

AquilaStamps
(addict)
10/11/07 04:46 PM

Sue:

I too have seen and had the same problem. I fought it for what seems like years. I tried different naming conventions such as 1a, 1b, 1c, etc. Then tried 1,2,3, etc. Finally after nothing I tried seemed to work I emailed Thom. He replied and said that they knew of the problem but it was a third party plug in that they were using and didn't have any control over how the items opened.

So I too am still reordering images. Sorry I don't have other news for you.

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
10/11/07 05:24 PM
Re: Order of Images new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi Garry,

Well, it's good to have the explanation, but oh phooey! It's always my least favorite thing to do after creating a bunch of new lots, adding all the images, and then doggedly going back and reordering them all. What a drag.

That old complainer Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/11/07 05:41 PM

Sue,

What we do, is add just the one image we want for the Gallery and then add the rest. As those aren't quite so important.

Might work.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

AquilaStamps
(addict)
10/11/07 05:44 PM

Sue:

I know what you mean, it is also one of my least favorite things to do. But I look at it this way - I spent hours (being kept out of any kind of trouble) trying different naming conventions just so the images would flow in the way I wanted them. So for a bit I was not in any trouble at all. It was one of the few times.

One bit of hope to hold on to is that one day there may be a work around to the problem.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(addict)
10/11/07 06:35 PM

Judy / Sue:

I've taken a slightly different tact with some auctions and the images. If I want them in a very specific order I've finally decided to add them one at a time. It takes less time doing it that way than shuffling them around after importing 10 images and they are not in the "right order" as per my plan. Judy your idea sounds good especially if the remainder don't need special placement.

Garry

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/11/07 07:00 PM

Garry,

One of my girls add her images one at a time so she can get them where she wants them. The others just add the first one, and then plunk the others in. Well that is if the order doesn't matter.

I am kind of like you though Garry, there are some Inventory Items I add the images to one by one. Then there are those, I hit that Shift or Ctrl key and add it all in one whack

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/11/07 07:02 PM

Hey, Garry,

I been forgetting to mention I noticed your title changed a few days ago. You are now an "Addict"

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
10/11/07 07:10 PM

Yes, that would be a good work-around for when you had, say, five or more pics. A couple extra mouse clicks to avoid the rearranging thing. Thanks for the tip.

Sue

AquilaStamps
(addict)
10/11/07 07:29 PM

Judy:
Oh my word - I really don't have needle marks all over [smile}. Ohhh that addict. Yea, I noticed the change the other day also. Some strange titles huh? I think yours is so cool though.

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads