in functionality. I know there was a huge re-coding effort for conversion
to the eBay API and am very glad it was done, finally. But simple things
like the spell check working in titles when run for the description, the
ability to delete or otherwise manage lists (shipping methods as one
example) are LONG over due and with today's development tools
these are trivial issues to correct. For example a combo-list box has
object a sort order property as well as the ability to reorder list items
manually. Worst case, predefined indexes can be created and used
when populating the list from it's table in the database.

Having used Aw2k from before it was Aw2k I know Thom is a great guy
and has done us a wonderful job developiing this application. But it has
been much too long for these things to be addressed.

All are important in aiding rapid auction lot creation but I feel Spell check
of the title when running it on the description is the most significant.

AquilaStamps
(addict)
03/19/08 03:58 PM
Re: Spell Check in Titles & More Needed Revisions new [re: BreckLundin]  

Hi BreckLundin:

I understand you are frustrated at not being able to spell check the auction title. When I first started using AW2K I noticed the title line wasn't checked. I thought that there had to be a way I could use the program to my advantage and get everything checked for spelling. Consequently I have found a way to use the functionality of the program and have a title that has been spell checked. The easy solution for me has been to use the auction description box to spell check the Title and Sub-Title as well as the description. I have found it helpful in terms of sales and buyer traffic to have my auction title the same as the first line of the auction description. This isn't always the case however the process is primarily the same. I write my auction description, as well as a separate title if I am using that, run the spell check, make the necessary corrections and do last minute changes. All of this is done in the description box. Once I am satisfied with what I have I Mark, Copy, and then Paste the title line into the Title. It has all been spell checked at that point. When there are times I want the title of the auction not to be repeated in the first line of my description I simply Cut and then Past into the Title line. The same goes with the Subtitle if I end up using one.

This may not be an elegant way to do the spell checking. However, for me it is easier this way rather than not spell check at all, or depend on my ability to catch an error or incorrectly spelled word. It now seems that using the Description box to write and then spell check all of the auction wording has helped me focus on the description and title and then just spell check it before the final copy/cut and paste.

I hope this suggestion offers some help for you with spell checking the title. It certainly goes quickly and I haven't found that it slows me down when doing auctions. Again, it isn't an elegant solution. However, it is a solution that works within the confines of AW2K and allows me to quickly prepare and upload a completely spell checked auction. I'm not versed in development tools or programming methods - yet my approach to writing a description/title has worked for me.

Garry

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/19/08 07:51 PM
Re: Spell Check in Titles & More Needed Revisions new [re: BreckLundin]  

Garry,

I do the same thing. Write the Auction title line in the first line of the description. And then run the spell check. If there is a problem, it pops up and we can correct it. Works like a charm.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads