General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 6592 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

BreckLundin
(stranger )
04/02/08 11:05 AM
We need a new thing added...eBay Changes  

Today I received my AuctionBytes newsletter and Ina reports that eBay added the ability to increase exposure on international sites to the core listings for those sites. For a fee of course but given the new PayPal Seller Protection Program dropping of the need to ship to confirmed address in favor of the address included in the PayPal payment notification email, this makes selling internationally pretty much a no-brainer. So paying 10¢ to 40¢ per listing to get main core exposure on international sites is a must have thing.

As an aside there is a lot of misinformation floating around about this change but in a nut shell the only way international buyers could find our listings on the eBay US site was to either come directly to eBay US or use the "show international" for their search criteria. Now we will get automatic exposure in the core listings for that international site w/o buyers needing to do anything extra.

I am even going to take the extra step of accepting payment in pretty much any currency and just convert when the exchange rates become more favorable (I hope...heh)...at least I think I will as I have not really looked at this idea in any depth.

Anyway here is the quote from the AuctionBytes Newsletter:

=======================================
eBay Adds Fee-Based Option for Increased International Exposure

eBay is introducing a paid option for US and Canadian sellers to gain exposure on eBay.co.uk default search results. eBay UK and eBay Ireland sellers will also have an upgrade option to list on the North American sites.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y08/m04/i01/s02

==========================================

That also includes a link to the article. And like I mentioned this is not a hidden fee hike, and I dislike more fees as much as anyone...but it's a way to gain, potentially, more exposure on some of the international sites.

So we really need an an option box for this somewhere in aw2k. Not sure where is needs to be...in the profile definition, the actual listing now window...???? Maybe submission page that is associated with each listing profile...because one could change your mind on a listing by listing basis that way.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/02/08 02:48 PM
Re: We need a new thing added...eBay Changes new [re: BreckLundin]  

Hi,

I will pass the suggestion along to the Auction Wizard tech team.

You know, I think I may look into the exposure as well. We sure sell to a lot of International buyers especially Canada and the UK. Adding the International exposure on listings will allow the UK International transactions to count towards the Power Seller discount. That would be nice.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads