General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 5912 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

cgmsys
(stranger )
12/21/08 09:20 PM
Can you grab shipping addresses without email  

Hello

I am currently using my main email account for ebay and am trying to work aw2k without running the email through aw2k yet (I will probably do so in the near future.)

Anyway, my question is, is there any way to automatically populate the shipping address from the data in the user's profile. ?? I realize that there may be times when a user wants something shipped to another address but I think it would not be that common.

Thanks

chris

bluepennylady
(Carpal Tunnel)
12/22/08 09:43 AM
Re: Can you grab shipping addresses without email new [re: cgmsys]  

Chris,

First, welcome! It is certainly nice to meet you... And thanks for posting on the discussion board..

Are you a new user just getting everything set up? Or have you been using AW2K for a while and trying your wings using new features??

The answer to your question is "No" not at this time. However, that is on the suggestion list. And eBay as well as Overstock recently added the Name/address retrieval into their API.. So I would suspect the AW2K team will work on adding that support in the near future.

But to make storing the names/addresses relatively easy until that time.... Use the Paypal payment "Ship to" address..

You will need to configure the AW2K email. Just add the email addy to which your Paypal payment notifications are sent. Retrieve email in AW2K, Open up the Paypal payment in the email reader.

Scroll down to the "Ship to" addy, highlight the entire address so it is blue. Look on the tool bar, THere is a blue rectangle icon four icons to the right of the blue arrows pointing right and left,, when you put your mouse on top of it, the tool tip "Store buyer name" appears..

Click it and boom the name/address is automatically stored for you.

And just a side note, in case you were not aware,,, Paypal seller protection covers a shipment as long as you ship to the "Ship to" address provided on the Paypal payment regardless of "confirmed" or "Unconfirmed".. YOu still need a delivery confirmation number though.

Does that help? If not, let me know and I will try to do better.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads