Configuration
   >> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 11726 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

new2you
(stranger )
12/04/03 07:25 AM
Mysterious profile change  

I have 2 profiles set up. 1 for eBay auctions and another for eBay stores. I haven't changed them in months but last night I was relisting over 300 items, over 200 of which were supposed to be auction items that ended up being store items. All of the auction lots are still my #1 profile which is supposed to be auctions but when I went in to look at the profiles to see if that was the problem both the #1 and #2 profiles were set to eBay stores.

Every time I have done re-lists for the last several months there have been no problems. I did a huge one about a week ago that went flawlessly.

I did run backup and database rebuild right before I ran this batch. Any chance that fouled things up?

How could that happen? I am the only person using Auction Wizard on this computer.

Tradeguy
(member)
12/04/03 01:30 PM
Re: Mysterious profile change new [re: new2you]  

I run around 12 profiles, and I've made the same mistake. What I do is create auction lots from inventory lots. If creating from inventory, it's easy to create the auction lots into the wrong profile since inventory is not profile specific. AW2K remembers the last profile you used, so sometimes I accidentally create the auctions in the wrong profile if I am doing it quickly and not really looking at the little "profiles" pulldown menu that appears before creating the auction lots.

It is also possible to mass change "offline" status auction lots to another profile. Once I meant to change about a dozen store catagories, and changed the profile instead. I only realized it long after the fact.

But one thing I've never seen is a program error that resulted in a change like that (and I juggle a lot of profiles and auctions) - most likely it's something you did, but didn't realize at the time that you did it ;-)

Rich

2 -

new2you
(stranger )
02/25/04 11:21 AM
Re: Mysterious profile change new [re: Tradeguy]  

I wish that was it but I am only using 2 profiles, both of which use the same defaults. The only difference between them is that 1 is for auctions and the other for store items.

For me to accidentally do this I would have to proactively go into the profile editing section and change the auction profile to eBay stores. I haven't gone in to change the profiles for months.

Thanks anyway though. It does seem very strange to me.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads