Configuration
   >> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 12522 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
07/26/06 11:24 PM
Delete a Default  

Hi all.

Does anyone know how to delete the Default Listing Template for an Auction Profile? I don't mean how to delete the Listing Template itself. I need to delete the default to that template from within the Auction Profile settings.

Thanks.

bluepennylady
(member)
07/27/06 04:20 AM
Re: Delete a Default new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Hi,

Go to File | Auction Profile and select the Auction profile you are wanting to delete the listing template from. Click on "Edit Auction Lot Defaults and Shipping Options" button. Right click on the listing template field. A popup appears "Clear List selection" click on that and the Listing template disappears.

You can select a different Listing template without clearing the list selection. If you are wanting that field clear, when you go to Close the Auction profile setup box, you will receive a prompt the Auction profile is incomplete. It's okay, you won't lose anything if you close an incomplete Auction Profile.

Hope that helps.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
07/27/06 12:04 PM
Re: Delete a Default new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy/blue,

You saved the day again!

I tried every move last night........EXCEPT right-clicking it! Tried delete, backspace, Ctrl+this'n'that........ Funny.

You do have to highlight the template name by just left-clicking it first, before you can get the Clear List Selection button to zap it, but it's gone now. Thanks.

Here's why I needed to do this:

I had to take a break from listing for a couple weeks, but I was able to continue taking pics and writing descriptions. So I created a Queue-Later Profile. Last night, I had about 25 Queue-Later items ready to go using a variety of listing templates. Before queuing them, I used Grid View to change them all to my regular eBay Profile. Didn't occur to me that all their individualized templates would get converted to the default template for that Profile. When I viewed the auctions on eBay, I was chagrined to see they were mostly a mess -- 5 pics squished at the top when they were supposed to be along the left side; colors all wrong; and so on. So it was revise, revise, revise.

I now see, at least for me, it's a mistake to use a default template for any of my Profiles.

Thanks again, Sue (tictictic)

bluepennylady
(member)
07/27/06 12:31 PM

Sue,

Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes. I have done the exact same thing myself. I am glad that fixed it for you.

Well, fixed it probably isn't the best thing to say since you had to edit everything. But on the good side, when you edited everything, you got to be double sure everything looked the way you wanted it to instead of finding out after it is listed.

You know, you might want to consider creating an Auction profile for each of the different listing templates you use. That way when you have something in the Queue Start Later and you are ready to list, you can Ctrl+ select each lot individually and change it to the appropriate Auction profile/ listing template. Just an idea of something you might want to consider doing. It could work out to be helpful and time saving for you.

Glad to see you listing again.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
07/27/06 12:56 PM
Re: Delete a Default new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy, Judy, Judy (always wanted to say that, a la Cary Grant)......I'd have to create another 150 Profiles to have one for each template. Yup, I've got 150 listing templates (and this isn't even counting the Bookmarked Lots I duplicate and use as templates for books and such). It's the COLORS. My kids kid me about how much time I spend coordinating the colors of the template with the colors of the item when I'm listing something for $3.00! I can't help it.

But you are sweet to think of this possibility. It would work very nicely for anyone who has fewer than a dozen listing templates.

Sue (tictictic)

bluepennylady
(member)
07/27/06 01:21 PM

Hee hee hee that is so funny. My husband says that to me. Or he breaks out into singing "Hey Jude, don't do me this way" He is such a man.

You are probably one of those really good interior decorator people. I am so jealous.

Good luck listing with all those Listing templates :o)

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads