Configuration
   >> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 15112 *Threaded Mode

jaerock99
(stranger )
11/26/06 05:57 PM
Secret ID error  

I just installed AW2000 on my new laptop and when I tried to list I got a weired error. First it says I have to authorize AW2000 to interact with ebay on my behalf. I click ok and sign into ebay and agree to the authorization. I go back to AW2000 and confirm the authorization process is complete. I then get the following error:

"API error code 16117: the secret ID you provided does not match the one you provided earlier."

Then I get a warning:

"Unable to retrieve authorization information from ebay."

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/26/06 09:22 PM
Re: Secret ID error new [re: jaerock99]  

Hi,

Welcome! I am glad you have joined us!

Authorizing AW2000 to interact on your behalf is normal. If you use Omniture, Square Trade, etc, you have to do the same thing for them.

Double check your auction Profile user id. It must match the one you are using eBay exactly.

To check your user id, go to File | Auction profile. Be sure the Auction site matches where you are attempting to list. e.g. eBay, eBay Store, Yahoo, Overstock, etc.
Then check the Auction site user id field.

Let me know if that corrrects the problem or not.

Judy/blue

mygear
(stranger )
02/22/07 01:23 PM
Re: Secret ID error new [re: bluepennylady]  

The same thing is happening to me. I double checked all the possible fields of entry in the auction profile. The only section that does not allow for an entry is the password to my ebay account, and that is the only cause I can see for this error. How can I submit the secret id if there is no field to enter it? I must have authorized the account like ten times already, but it still just doesn't work. Any suggestions?

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/22/07 01:33 PM
Re: Secret ID error new [re: mygear]  

HI,

Have you authorized Standing Wave Software to interact with eBay on your behalf? Meaning when prompted you sign into your eBay account and click through the prompts, then return to AW2000 to continue the listing process?

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads