>> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 17378 *Threaded Mode

fschimpf
(stranger )
01/07/07 04:48 PM
Multiple Profile problem  

Hi:
Ok...here's something new.
eBay worked with me to get my old ID activated again. Not sure why the last 3 people on support could not get this to happen, but why ask why? :=)

I have 9 auctions that I created with AW2k.
I duplicate an auction. I change the quantity as I want to list as a Dutch auction as per one of the previous posts.
I created a new profile in AW2k for my "original" eBay ID.
When I change the profile on the lot, update some info, switch to grid mode, I watch the lot disappear. I've tried this several times, and with one of them, it posted the auction under the "2nd" Auction ID.

How do I switch all of this back so that it's listing under my "original" eBay account ID?

Thanks
Frank

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/07/07 05:41 PM
Re: Multiple Profile problem new [re: fschimpf]  

Frank,

Let me see if I am following what you are doing. You have created auction lots for Auction profile X. Now you want to change all those Auction lots from Auction profile X to Auction profile Z?? And you need to know how?

Judy/blue

fschimpf
(stranger )
01/08/07 04:14 AM
Re: Multiple Profile problem new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi:
I want to take an existing lot for profile X, duplicate it for Profile Y, then submit it.
Thanks
Frank

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/08/07 05:21 AM

Frank,

There are a couple methods, at least if you use Inventory Items,

If you use Inventory Items, simply create new Auction lots for that profile. When you click the little red hammer on the toolbar, a dialog box appears allowing you to select which profile you want.

The other thing you can do is in the Auction lots tab. Go to the Grid view. Click on the Auction lot(s) you are wanting to duplicate. (You can select contiguous rows by using the Shift Key. You can select non-contiguous rows by using the Ctrl key) After you have selected the Auction lots, hit the "duplicate" button on the toolbar.

The newly duplicated Auction lots will automatically become the last records so they are easy to find. Locate the Auction lots you just duplicated. Highlight them in the Grid view by selecting one, hold down the shift key and click on the last record you want to change. The Auction lots will become blue.

Right Click, Select Change Auction profile from the po-up menu. Then choose the Auction profile you are wanting to choose to.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/12/07 00:41 AM

Are you filtering for All Profiles or just the new/old Profile you reactivated?

This annoys me all the time. I filter for my Offline Lots in my main auction ID; I change a few things and then change the Profile to my eBay Stores Profile. At that point, I can still see the Lot. Then if I click to queue it, it "disappears", and I'll end up queueing some other Lot. This is because clicking the button to queue it "triggers" the change in the Profile, and the Lot is no longer available for that Profile/filter. So when I'm doing this switching, I have to filter for All Profiles, which reveals many, many more Lots than I want to plough though. I wish we could filter for TWO Profiles and not have to choose between One or All.

Does this explain your problem, or have I misunderstood what's happening with you?

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/12/07 05:49 AM
Re: Multiple Profile problem new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Here is something I do when changing profiles I write down the Auction lot number on a post it. And if you saw all the post it notes on my desk After completing changing profiles on all the Auction lots that I want to change, I'll change the Show/Hide records to Offline for x profile. And use the "Find" utility by Lot number. That's the "fix" I came up with.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/12/07 11:06 AM
Re: Multiple Profile problem new [re: bluepennylady]  

Yup, that's pretty much the system I use (but I hope you are using digital postit notes, not the sticky kind -- I LOVE my TurboNote). And yup, I use Find the same way. I've now done it often enough to know that hitting the keys to bring it up (ctrl+F) is a very awkward left-hand movement, but I'm getting pretty good at it.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/12/07 11:15 AM

Sue,

uhhh, nope I am still using the paper Post it's I know, I know, I need to upgrade to something more technical. But I like my colorful Post it notes. And I am supporting the Post It Industry to boot

I hit ctl+ F so much it isn't hard anymore to do. Use to be though. Sure made me become more coordinated with my left hand.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/13/07 00:10 AM

Just wanted to add that if AW allowed us to filter for TWO Profiles, instead of having to decide between all or a single Profile, it would solve this problem. We could move items from one Profile to another without having the Lot disappear from view. Seems like that would be do-able, but I'm no programmer, so I might be wrong.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/13/07 05:48 AM

Sue,

hummm, I'll just email and make the suggestion

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads