Configuration
   >> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 7905 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
07/15/07 01:09 AM
Don't leave fields blank  

A few months ago, I created a Profile called PULL for items I want to pull out of inventory. Then I changed these Off Line Lots to that PULL Profile, intending to use a Custom Report to create a list of them.

I didn't fill in any of the other Profile settings because I'll never use the Profile to list anything, so every time I closed any of the Program Options dialogues, AW would ask if I was sure I wanted to close the Profile that was missing.....blah, blah, blah. I just ignored it -- didn't think it mattered.

Tonight, I finally got around to creating a Report for these PULL Lots, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why their Titles weren't showing up -- not in the Report Designer or Preview or when I viewed the Report on screen or printed it. The other data showed up ok (Lot #s & ID #s). Finally, I viewed the list of these PULL Lots in Grid View, and lo and behold!, they had no Titles, no Categories, no Durations. They had all been listed previously, so they definitely had these fields filled in at one time.

The lesson is...if you create a Profile and neglect to fill in things like Auction Site and Auction Site User ID, and then you change some existing Lots to that Profile, AW removes the Titles and Categories and maybe other data, I dunno. Changing them back to their former auction Profile did not re-enter the missing data. Oh well, I'll still be able to locate them from their descriptions, but lesson learned.....

Sue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/15/07 06:03 AM
Re: Don't leave fields blank new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

I don't know what happened to the Title Line but leaving fields blank in a Profile will not cause the Auction Title line field to disappear. Unless you did not associate the Auction Profile with a particular Auction site.

So something you might want to be sure you do for the "PULL" Profile, is to associate it with an auction site. Meaning in the Auction site drop down, select one of the Auction sites. I use "Player Auctions" quite a bit. Since I do not list on Player Auctions, and I move something to that auction profile, I won't accidentally put the Auction lot back online.

so your PULL Profile would look like this in the Auction profile field on the Auction lot PULL(Player Auctions)

As long as you have an Auction site defined the Title line will remain. The Category will not unless you have the category defined in the related Inventory Item. Now if you want the category to stay, then you will have to use the same ebay site. Either regular eBay or eBay store. I hope that makes sense.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads