Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 8739 *Threaded Mode

sharptrading
(Unregistered)
07/17/03 11:37 AM
Change Inventory Item Number to change sequence new  

Does anyone know if you can change Inventory Item Number ("Item #") so that you can change the sequence of your inventory items?

(I have added many items to my inventory, now they are not in any logical grouping. When I list, it would be nice if I can keep certain items together.)

Tradeguy
(member)
07/17/03 03:34 PM
Re: Change Inventory Item Number to change sequence [re: sharptrading]  

I don't believe you can touch that number, but I ran into a similar issue. I use the Reference ID, Inventory category, and storage locations - all are sortable from the grid display, so I can sub-sort my inventory in several different ways.

Rich

CSPtrader
(stranger )
09/10/03 11:12 AM
Re: Change Inventory Item Number to change sequence new [re: Tradeguy]  

You can change the inventory #, but it takes a LOT of work, using a linked Access database of Excel spreadsheet. It is definitely NOT for the faint of heart! You are probably better off using the Reference ID.

Email me at PNWauctions@pioneernet.net if you still want to go through with renumbering your inventory.

atyp1cal
(stranger )
09/10/03 06:16 PM
Re: Change Inventory Item Number to change sequence new [re: sharptrading]  

I had a similar (though not exactly the same) issue where I wanted to see my inventory grouped a certain way. Since the columns can be moved around in the inventory grid I used one of the (by me) unused columns and entered pseudo descriptive text in to sort on. Now I can view all my widgets together, regardless of their actual name or when they were entered. I don't know if this will be of help to anyone else or not but I figure what they hey.. :)

Cheers,
Andy

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads