Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 10564 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

magicka
(journeyman)
12/10/03 07:21 AM
Reinstalling AW2k  

I just moved auction wizard onto a new machine. i copied the complete Aw2000 directory from the old computer onto the new computer, then installed the latest downloadable file and update from the website and it seems to be working fine.

is this the "correct" method for doing a move from one machine to a new one? any tips or experience doing this?

thank you!

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
12/10/03 12:25 PM
Re: Reinstalling AW2k new [re: magicka]  

The proper way to move Auction Wizard 2000 to another computer is to copy the entire program folder, including all files and subfolders, to the new computer. Make sure the folder is stored in the same location on the new computer as it was on the old computer. Once the folder has been copied, install the full version of Auction Wizard 2000 into the program folder on the new computer.

For example, if Auction Wizard 2000 is installed in the "C:\Aw2000" folder, you would copy the entire "Aw2000" folder from the root of the "C:" drive on the original computer to the root of the "C:" drive on the second computer. The full version of the program should then be installed into the "C:\Aw2000" folder on the second computer.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

magicka
(journeyman)
12/10/03 01:20 PM
Re: Reinstalling AW2k new [re: AuctionWizard]  

ok sounds good as thats what i did and it seems to be working fine, thanks for the quick reply.

cusinnz
(stranger )
08/12/05 04:46 AM
Re: Reinstalling AW2k new [re: AuctionWizard]  

If I copy AW2000 then overwrite files with the new downloaded install, will it recognise my registration?

A download of the new install followed by a restore and rebuild does not recognise that I had a fully registered copy... it still shows status as unregistered... I've been using AW2K for years and this is the first time I've had to do something like this (result of failing Win2K system on old PC)

Cus in NZ

cusinnz
(stranger )
08/12/05 05:27 AM
Re: Reinstalling AW2k new [re: cusinnz]  

Further to my post - AW2K returns an error (same as on other PC - "Auction Wizard 2000 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." - it then asks if error report should be sent to Microsoft) when new install is made over the top of a copy of the existing install. I therefore assume corruption of a file or files somewhere. How do I locate my registration number so I can continue to use the software?

Cus in NZ

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
08/12/05 09:00 AM
Re: Reinstalling AW2k new [re: cusinnz]  

Please contact technical support at info@auctionwizard2000.com

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads