Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 6601 *Threaded Mode

annieef
(stranger )
12/29/03 03:30 PM
Grabbing the Address  

Hi all,

I"m relatively new to AW so I'll try not to bore you. ;-)

I just found out that I can highlight the address in an email and actually store it automatically. This brings up several questions:

1. Why, when I do this, does it ALWAYS ask me if the grid record select is correct REGARDLESS of what I had selected the last time I was looking at invoices? Even if I highlight the correct invoice and THEN highlight the address, it's the wrong grid record that it refers to, I can only tell this by the fact the one I had selected does NOT have an address and when it attempts to paste in the addresse I get the error that it already exists. It would seem to be MORE helpful to have the grid display automatically. I of course, can then scroll after the grid is displayed and find the right record and update accordingly.

which brings me to my second question:

2. why is it that SOMETIMES it finds the associated invoice and displays it in the bottom pane and sometimes it doesn't? What is it that AW is using as the criteria? Where does that information need to be stored? IN the subject of the email? in the body?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Annie

Solomons Auctions

Tradeguy
(member)
12/30/03 11:12 AM
Re: Grabbing the Address new [re: annieef]  

We were all new once ;-)

1 - Since I've never had the program ask that question, it must be due to something procedural on your end. Also, I'm not sure exactly where you are in the program, or how you are doing things, so all I can do is tell you how I do it.

Most commonly I am processing incoming paypal notifications, so I'll assume that's what we're talking about. I hit the "email" button, and aw2k goes off and retrieves my notifications. I select the first incoming email, click on it, and it fills my screen.

The first thing I do is associate it with the proper invoice. I find the ebay item number, highlight it, right-click, and select "find auction id" from the rt-click menu that appears. (I could also do the search on the user's email, but the paypal email is often not the same as the ebay email)

The auction/invoice panel on the bottom opens up. I hit the green lined box icon to select the actual invoice (you click on it and a list of invoices matching the item number comes up). I select the invoice and make sure the email info matches the invoice info (I sell a lot of multi-item fixed lots, so one ebay item number could associate with a dozen invoices).

Next I click on the little "finger" icon to associate the email with the invoice. The program then usually asks if I want to mark this invoice as "buyer responded" - I click yes (and it records today's date as "buyer responded").

Now I highlight the address and rt-click to store it in the invoice record. At least with this procedure, the only question I've ever been asked is if the buyer already has an address on file and it asks if I want to overwrite it.

Then I click on the $ and process the payment.

Now I just click on the > symbol to get to my next unread email.

Maybe something there helps ;-)

2 - I believe aw2k is looking for an invoice# in the title. I don't use aw2k for my primary email (I forward what aw2k needs to a special email account that aw2k picks up), so I don't get a lot of auto-associatings, but every so often I'll forward a reply to one of my notices, and they always auto-associate (and the auction# is in the subject).

Hope that helps!
Rich

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads