Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 10844 *Threaded Mode

Marlya
(Unregistered)
09/29/04 05:17 AM
tax profiles  

My program use to fill in the tax for me, but it hasn't done it for quite sometime. I only think about the problem when I have a taxable customer, which is seldom, so I never reported the problem. My sales tax is 6%, maybe I am inputting it wrong? .06% ? Any help is much appreciatted. Marlya treasures-2-treasure

rodgw
(Unregistered)
09/29/04 08:14 AM
Re: tax profiles new [re: Marlya]  

If you have the tax percentage entered in your tax profile as .06, that is not the correct way to enter it. Put in just the number 6.

Hope this helps
rodgw

Marlya
(Unregistered)
09/29/04 02:20 PM
Re: tax profiles new [re: rodgw]  

Thank you! Won't know if it works till I get another IN buyer, but atleast I feel it's going to work.

NYPickers
(stranger )
10/16/04 10:34 AM
Re: tax profiles new [re: Marlya]  

I'm having problems with my taxes being computed as well. I've checked every box I can find that says anything about taxes. Put my tax rate in my tax profile and checked the Auction Profile tax box. Checked the boxs on the invoice page, made sure they showed up in the Gride mode and still it only computes the insurance and shipping, not the final sale price taxes. I've shut the program down and restarted and still nothing. The only thing I can think of now, is that I am trying to change something after an invoice has been printed and that might gum up the works. I'm using the latest update. So any ideas?

rodgw
(Unregistered)
10/17/04 03:16 PM
Re: tax profiles new [re: NYPickers]  

Not sure if this is a help or not. I seem to remember when I was setting up my "after auction" emails I had trouble getting the correct function in the email body to show the right tax figure.
Does your email body have the <#SalesTax f=nc> in it?

rodgw

NYPickers
(stranger )
10/17/04 04:04 PM
Re: tax profiles new [re: rodgw]  

It's not so much the invoice itself that isn't working, it's the calculating the tax correctly on the invoice page view when the tax boxes are all checked. Right now the program will calculate the tax on the shipping and insurance only and not the final bid price. It use to do it all and seems to have stopped working within the last couple of updates. I can't figure it out.

tictictic_OnEbay
(stranger )
12/06/04 00:42 AM
Re: tax profiles new [re: NYPickers]  

Are you still having a problem with this? This won't be of much help, but at least it'll tell you how it should be working. When I'm looking at the invoice on the main Invoice window, and the zip code for that buyer is in California, all I do is place a check in the taxable box (the one above Ship Date), and the tax appears in the Sales Tax box and the total is adjusted to reflect it. If you place a check in the Buyer Taxable box over on the right, AW asks if you want to mark that invoice taxable, and the same thing happens. So I know it can work.

Have you selected your Tax Profile in the drop-down box in the Auction Profile settings, and when you are viewing an Invoice, is that same Tax Profile showing in the drop-down box there, too?

If this is still not working for you, maybe it's time to write to Thom.

tictictic on eBay

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads