Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 6609 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

windquest
(newbie)
10/14/06 11:23 AM
UPS Worldship importing  

Has anyone set up their UPS Worldship to import directly from the AW2K database?

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/14/06 12:16 PM
Re: UPS Worldship importing new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

It can be done as I did some testing for the exporting the files to USPS and UPS. It is not something I use on a daily basis as the packages are processed a bit differently here. Let me see if I can help you with the export a bit. And perhaps anyone that uses it on a daily basis can offer tidbits of time saving advice.

Go to Tools | Database Tools | Export | Invoice Records. The fields in the Export Invoice Records box has to match the fields you are exporting to UPS. The file will export to any folder you select on your computer and be saved in CSV. The you can import that particular file into UPS.

When I used the export for Invoices to UPS, I did the export one Invoice at a time. But that is how my packaging is organized here. That does not necessarily fit everyone elses workflow or methods. My reasoning is only 1 label at a time can be printed and afixed to a package at a time. When my staff did the multiple label thing, too many errors occurred. So I changed the method and workflow. Error rate dropped dramatically. And there is no significant difference in time. But that is just me and my particular work situation.

Does that help in exporting? Tuesday, when we resume shipping again. I'll do a couple of exports to UPS and let you know if there are other little things you need to do to make it easier.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads