Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 39823 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(addict)
10/26/06 07:35 PM
Re: Counter for views new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I forgot to say something about it. I was suppose to say something so maybe the other AW2K users could complain or recommend they do something. I mentioned it to Thom a couple of days ago. And he recommended that we say something to eBay. Boy this over "25" mind just slips a cog every now and then

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/26/06 07:37 PM

Garry,

I do the same thing. Play one auction site against the other. And the same thing happens. Or my buyers will run back and forth between the 2 sites trying to get both items.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(stranger )
10/27/06 05:11 AM
Re: Counter for views new [re: bluepennylady]  

Just a FYI concerning Sellathon. They have been having major, huge problems with their site. Not being able to log in, no reporting, etc. I will have to say that they have been diligently working to resolve the issue, but as of yet they haven't solve the entire problem. I believe it is just the eBay service that is having the problems. I was at the end of my contract so I haven't renewed waiting for the fix. I have been following the discussion board to see where they are at with the fix. Maybe they are another step closer to making it right.
Just thought i would give a heads up before someone signed up was disappointed.
Also would have to say that while they were running smoothly it was a great wealth of information. I hope for them it is something they can get a hold of and return to the great service!

Marty

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/27/06 05:12 AM
Re: Counter for views new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

Thank you so much for letting us know!!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/27/06 12:49 PM

Marty:
Thanks for the heads-up.

Garry

moonstruck22
(stranger )
10/27/06 01:28 PM

You're all so very welcome.

It's the least I could do after gleaning all the info you guys have contributed!

Marty

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/27/06 01:33 PM

Marty,

I did have a question about the Sellathon glitch.

You are referring to the counters on eBay and not Overstock?? As the O-Tracker at Overstock has been going haywire lately too.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/27/06 02:59 PM

Judy:
I noticed the o-tracker was going crazy too. As far as I know it's just a branded version of sellathon for Overstock. Prolly the underlying database structure etc. is the same for all of the versions they have - they just brand it differently and code it to match the look and feel of the various sites.

So maybe as Marty said earlier when they get the main engine worked out the rest will be working trouble free also. I'm not sure about the paid version of o-tracker for Overstock as I haven't signed up for it. Didn't want to spend the money for it as I was getting enough info from the freebie version.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/27/06 03:03 PM

Garry,

You and I are 2 peas in a pod. I won't shag loose of the cash either for the paid version For the exact same reason

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/27/06 03:15 PM

Judy:
Yea, I can't see spending X number of dollars each and every month for the extras offered by either eBay or Overstock. eBay wants to upgrade the store, wants to upgrade the basic omniture package, and wants to upsell almost everything they offer. I see the same thing in Overstock also. There is always a tool that is available however, for extra money you can get the bigger better prettier friendlier etc tool.

Just 'cause I watch the unnecessary spending doesn't mean that the tools aren't any good. Yet, so far, I haven't found any of them that warrant paying extra - it's a lot like the old "you want one or two eggs in your milkshake". Upselling is fine but to me it needs to have some real added value.

K, well I've described my Scrooge McDuck attitude I guess - but really if one subscribed to all of them you would have to double all sales just to pay for the extra jams and jellies.

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads