Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 56612 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 10:20 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:

Hmmmm, that's really strange. I messed up my window on purpose and then closed out the program. Then opened up the ini file and made a change from the number there to 375.
Then saved the ini file. Then reopened aw2k and the window was back to where it was supposed to be.

Just a quick question? You did have aw2k closed when you edited the ini file right?

Garry

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 10:22 PM

Sue:

You're welcome for the ideas. Sorry they didn't work. WIsh I could be of better help but I'm stumped now. I guess it has to be Thom's input to fix this. At least there have been tons of ideas LOL too bad none really helped you out. :(

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 10:42 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Yes, the program was closed when I edited the file.

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 10:45 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! new [re: AquilaStamps]  

I'm going to be checking my mail about every 10 min tomorrow and every day until I hear back from Thom (he could be travelling this week). I'll let you know what he says, of course.

Thanks for being there today, you guys.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/25/06 11:03 PM

Sue.

I want to know as well. I'll file the "fix" away for future use, that is for sure. I bet you, it is the easiest thing in the world and we have danced around it all day long.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/25/06 11:55 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Okay, I finally figured out how to create the "problem" . I knew if I poked long enough I could re-create it. If you move the divider lines either direction all the way over and then change to any other window and return to the Auction lots window, the divider bar is no longer draggable.

I do remember doing this a very very long time ago. Now, back to the drawing board. To try and remember how Thom had me fix it.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/26/06 00:55 AM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! [re: bluepennylady]  

Yup, that is definitely what I did, because right after resizing the window, I started using the Page Up/Down keys to run through the Lots.

Will be back here soon as I hear from Thom.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/26/06 08:31 AM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

I stayed up half the night trying to remember exactly how Thom had me correct the issue. Been far too many years ago. Isn't that just pitiful! I can't remember. It is on the very edge of my memory but I just can't pull it up. Only happened once.

Please do post the solution when you hear back from Thom. I feel like an idgit for forgetting. grrrr at myself

Hope your Christmas was really good even though I kept you tied up all day long and did not get you fixed up

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/26/06 11:37 AM
Thom to the RESCUE!!! [re: bluepennylady]  

This is very much like what Garry had me try last night -- I'll have to compare the methods side-by-side to see what the difference is. Here's the solution:

1. Make sure AW2000 is closed.

2. Open the Windows Explorer and navigate into the "C:\Aw2000" folder.

3. Select "Tools | Folder Options..." from the menu bar.

4. When the "Folder Options" window opens, click on the "View" tab.

5. In the "Advanced settings" area locate the checkbox labeled "Hide file
extensions for known file types" and uncheck the box.

6. Click the "OK" button.

7. Find the file named "AW2000.ini" and double click on it. That will open
it in the Windows Notepad.

8. Find the line in the file that reads:

DescrWidth=0

Change the line so that it reads:

DescrWidth=100

9. Select "File | Save" from the Notepad menu bar.

10. Close the Notepad and the Windows Explorer.

Got my description box back and all is right with the world. Thanks again Judy and Garry. You are amazing! Not quite as amazing as Thom, but, well, no one's as amazing as Thom, huh?

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/26/06 11:44 AM
Re: Thom to the RESCUE!!! [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

YES!!! Thank you so much for posting. I had remembered to go to the Windows Explorer and look in the ini file. I had that silly thing open for an hour trying to remember what Thom had me do. Now I can fix mine seeing as I have the same problem trying to help you fix your problem. Now isn't that funny!!!

Well, between all of us, we just almost had it fixed.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads