Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 56589 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/25/06 11:56 AM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

The link does not work??

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 12:39 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! new [re: bluepennylady]  

Yes, I've tried clicking through image tabs, and clicking on the various other tabs and trying to drag anything draggable. The only other tab that has draggability is Grid View, and dragging the columns works fine. Just now I made one column narrower, went back to the Description and Images tab, but I still can't drag to view the description.

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 12:43 PM

Try again. I changed the post to show just the URL.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/25/06 01:09 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

From the screen shot I can't see what the Image Zoom is set at on the bottom. Have you changed anything on your computer recently?

I had this happen to me a long time ago. But honestly, I do not recall what exactly I did to correct the problem. Well more like what Thom had me do to correct the problem. I wish I could pull it up out of my memory banks.

It does seem like it was a Windows related issue. (Now don't quote me for sure) You might go ahead and do a Disk Cleanup, scan the hard drive for errors and defrag. I pulled up the microsoft technical help for the issue and that is the first steps recommended to correct it.

I am truly sorry I have not been much help. From the screen shot it looks as if you should be able to simply drag the bar back across the page to the right.

Let me know if the normal computer maintenance has any affect. At least we have really tried today.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 01:24 PM

No, haven't changed anything recently.

I've had the Zoom set at 50% for a long time. When this dragging issue began yesterday, I tried resetting the Zoom to different amounts, but it didn't solve the problem.

I'll do some more Windows maintenance, like you suggest, but it was only a couple days ago that I did the Error Check/CheckDisk, and I haven't downloaded/installed any programs since then. Haven't done a virus scan for a while, so I'll do that today, too.

You HAVE been a help today. For Pete's sake, it's Christmas Day (we bumped all our festivities up one day, so it seems like the 26th to us), and there you are brainstorming away to try to figure this nutty problem out for me. I really, really appreciate it.

I've got an email ready to go out to Thom tomorrow if the routine maintenance doesn't help. Thanks very much.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/25/06 01:28 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

sue,

We had out big family breakfast and then the kids and grandkids opened packages. They always stay for most the day veggin on the sofa and floor watching movies. Looks like a slumber party in my living room.

I am really sorry I cannot remember how to correct the drag problem. You know what will happen, It will come to me at midnight

Well I am off to my in-laws house for the evening party and dinner.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 08:55 PM

Sue:
I think the answer to your problem is in one of the ini files in the AW2K directory on your drive. I'm not sure but I'll check and see. Many of the program defaults that the user sets are in various ini files on the drive that way the program remembers your settings etc. It is possible that one of those ini files contains the position of the description window.

In the mean time one of the things you could try is to go to:
FILE / PROGRAM OPTIONS / GENERAL

then on that general tab you will see "WINDOWS LIST BUTTONS"

you have yours checked LEFT just for kicks check it to right and then try to move the window. What this check mark does is obviously move the aw2k function selection buttons to the right side of the screen - opposite to what you now have. That move may just give you enough room to "grab" the bar and move it open.

I will also go through all of the ini files and see if there is a setting there for the description window.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 09:10 PM

Sue:
I think I've found the spot for you to fix the problem. If I'm talking like a pre-school teacher - forgive me but I want to make sure you can do what I think will help.

Make SURE the auction program is closed totally.

Go to windows explorer (NOT internet) and run it

Go to the drive where the program is stored

go to the directory or folder "AW2000"

click on that directory name (on the left part of the screen) until it turns blue or a color.

on the right side of the screen scroll up and or down until you find a file called: AW2000.INI

right click AW2000.INI and in the drop down menu click OPEN

now the fun begins. It should open in NotePad - or WordPad

The complete file will be there. Click on EDIT and then FIND
in the FIND WHAT box type in exactly:

[AuctionLots]

when that is found then do another FIND and search for EXACTLY:

DescrWidth=

when it finds it there should be a very small number after the equals it may even be a zero. Just put in a larger number - try 375 -- to replace the number that is there. Then SAVE the file.

you can close down explorer

now run the auction program. The window should now be open to the right and you can do what you need to do.

Hope this helps.

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 10:03 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! [re: AquilaStamps]  

Excellent idea, Garry, about switching the tabs to the right side -- unfortunately, it didn't work.

I noticed that in the Inventory window, you are disabled from dragging the border between Shipping Options and Item Specifics all the way to the left. The program forces you to leave about a quarter-inch between the dividing border and the left edge of the window (or the main window tabs, if you've got them on the left like I do or will again when I move them back). I wonder if that's how the main Lots window is supposed to work, although Judy said she was able to drag the border all the way left and still drag it back.

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
12/25/06 10:17 PM
Re: Help!! It's stuck! [re: AquilaStamps]  

Well, another great idea......but.......

I followed your directions to the T. The value for that setting was 321, not what you expected, huh? I went ahead and changed it to 375, but nothing moved, and I still can't drag the window over. Very weird. I hope the solution isn't something really stupid, as in I failed to see something obvious -- my face will be very red. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Thom will say, "Eureka! it's a program glitch!" But it probably isn't.

By the way, on the Email tab of the Lots window, I can drag the border between Received and Sent up and down no problemo.

Thanks for the ideas, Garry.

Sue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads