Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 11489 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Bigmotter
(stranger )
12/29/06 04:10 AM
Printing on a network!  

I can't seem to print anything from the AW program over a hard wired network to a shared printer. All my other programs print fine over my home network. I'm sure I have to do something else but what?
John Mott

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/29/06 05:35 AM
Re: Printing on a network! new [re: Bigmotter]  

John,

I am running AW2000 in a hard wired network with 8 computers. We send printing to computers all over the building even remote printing using webex.com, so something isn't set correctly.

AW2000 will detect printers setup in your network. I presume you have all your printers shared?

Next, did you add printers after AW2000 was running on your computer. If so, you have the restart AW2000 for the printer(s) to be detected.

Be sure your print drivers are current. I have ran into a print driver problem once before in my own network. After I updated the drivers from the manufacturer website, everything was fine.

The computer on which AW2000 is installed must have the print drivers installed that you are wanting to print to.

When you open a message in AW2000 and you click the "Printer" icon on the toolbar, do any printers appear in the drop down list?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/30/06 07:57 AM

John,

Have you resolved your printing issue??

Judy/blue

Bigmotter
(stranger )
12/31/06 02:13 PM
Re: Printing on a network! new [re: bluepennylady]  

Problem still present! I do not have a printer icon anywhere on the tool bar.
What next?
Thanks,
John

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/31/06 02:29 PM

John,

Please forgive me if I ask you questions that appear elementary. But I want to be sure your computer is set up correctly.

You have a small network. How many computers are in the network? And is Aw2K installed on a computer that is in your network?

Next, the print option is not on the toolbar along the bottom or on the system tray. You will find the print icon along the top when you open an email up.

To see what I mean, Go to Tools | Email template manager. Click on any email template and choose "Edit" from the options along the bottom. When the email template opens up, lok along the top toolbar. The next to the last icon is a printer. Click on the printer and see if the printer installed on your network appears in the list.

Let me know

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/31/06 04:53 PM

John:
I know this question is foolish but I'm going to dare to ask anyway - have you made sure the printer is "really" shared. Go through the printer properties one more time and double check. It almost sounds as if it isn't shared. Now after having said that, sorry if this is a stupid suggestion.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/31/06 06:05 PM
Re: Printing on a network! new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Me thinks the same thing you thinks

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/31/06 08:27 PM
Re: Printing on a network! new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

This does happen sometimes. I've done it by not clicking apply and the share doesn't take place. Also I had a network printer make me crazy for almost a week. It suddenly stopped printing for no special reason. I did everything that I could think of except try to get it drunk. For some reason the printer set-up "lost" the share information but the printer still showed up on the 'puter. Once I re-established the share it printed. With that mess as background I thought maybe John may have a similar problem.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/31/06 09:04 PM
Re: Printing on a network! new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I have had the exact same thing happen to me at work. I wanted to put dynamite in the printer before I thought of checking the sharing again.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads