Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 7980 *Threaded Mode

diggerdirect
(stranger )
02/14/07 05:15 PM
how to archive??  

Hi all, not sure if this is the right category but my question is;
I'm wondering how one 'archives' items, auction records & invoices from the previous year so my program is showing 'year to date' information only? I mean...I have printed my reports for income tax purposes and all that for the year 2006, is there a way to archive now so my ledger starts at 1/01/2007? I've looked through the posts and seen members mention archiving things...but the word 'archive' isn't even in the help index! I wouldn't want to lose any buyer data from year to year if possible as I have many repeat buyers year after year, and I know I can select a time frame for printing my profit/loss reports from the database (which is getting quite large). Just wondering what others who use this software for online business do after tax time?

Al Parker
DiggerDirect.com

diggerdirect
(stranger )
02/14/07 05:23 PM
Re: how to archive?? new [re: diggerdirect]  

I take that back lol, I found the word 'archive'

Al Parker
DiggerDirect.com

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/14/07 07:16 PM

Al,

Just to be sure you have all the info you need, Yes you can archive your records. Go to Start > All Programs > Auction Wizard. Select "Archive and Purge"

If you select Purge, records within the date range you select are completely erased. Archived records are tucked away in a file and they can be restored if need be. You can elect the date ranges to archive emails, Invoice, Auction lots, inactive Inventory Items as well as ledger enteries. Be sure you do a backup before you archive. And it doesn't hurt to do a hard drive scan and defrag as well.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/14/07 07:21 PM

Al,

Let me clarify something. Auction Wizard will continue to "remember" your repeat buyers and auto fill their information when Invoices are generated even after records are archived. That information is not stored in the files that are archived.

Hope that helps.

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads