Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 6550 *Threaded Mode

jimh1
(stranger )
04/04/07 06:31 PM
Removable Drive?  

Since I am in a venture with 2 others and all will have tasks that differ from each other (listing, buying, financials), can AW2k be run from a jump drive? Would it violate the licensing if it was run from a jump drive on 3 computers at different times (never at the same time)? networking is not an option yet as we are in 3 different locations.

If licensing would be an issue, can the database be stored on removable media and then worked with on another licensed computer?

I did download the trial last night and I can clearly see that it will do exactly what we were looking for.

Thanks for any help,
Jim

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/04/07 08:28 PM
Re: Removable Drive? new [re: jimh1]  

Jim,

I am so glad you downloaded the trial version and AW2000 will work. I knew it would as I am doing about the same thing

All computers on which AW2000 is installed must have a license.

You can easily use a jump drive. Be sure to make a backup on a daily basis using another form of removable media. I would recommend a DVD especially when the database becomes large.

Something else that you might consider doing is installing AW2000 on one computer, then using webex. com or gotomypc.com for the other two people. Although I have a network, I still use webex.com on the server and one other computer at my business. I can work on my network from anywhere I have Internet access.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/05/07 01:44 PM
Re: Removable Drive? new [re: jimh1]  

Jim,

Another thought on the accessing issue is to create a network in one of your locations, i.e. server and a couple of workstations. Network configure AW2000. Then any or all of the three partners could work in AW2000 at the same time.

Someone could be entering Inventory Items and creating auction lots. Someone else could be listing while another was Invoicing buyers. We do that here every single day.

Using a single computer and everyone accessing AW2000 will work as long as only one user at a time needs to use AW2000. But if someone needs to list while someone else needs to be entering Inventory or working in Invoices, etc, you'll need more than one copy of AW2000 installed.

The jump drive will work but you need to know that you will have to restore the database onto each machine, work on that machine, then backup to the jump drive again. When you go to the next computer, you will need to restore the altered/updated database, work, backup, etc.

thus the suggestion of creating a network in one location and accessing it via remote software.

Just a thought.

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads