Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 29134 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
auctions1329
(stranger )
08/16/07 08:57 PM
WEBSITE new  

I am new to Auction Wizard and in the process of setting up the program to upload my auctions to my website. I am having problems doing it. I did the "configure website", but aybe I did it wrong. Anyway when I go to tools and update website, it doesn't show any lots in the screen. What am I doing wrong. I really like the program so far. Thanks for all the help.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/16/07 09:05 PM
Re: WEBSITE new [re: auctions1329]  

Hi,

Glad you are liking AW2000. And welcome! I am so glad you have joined us here on the boards

Auction lots are assigned to websites when you Queue the lots for listing.

When you go to Auction site | Queue lot for listing ... another dialog box opens up with a couple of options. It is that "queue lot for listing" dialog box where you determine which auction lot is uploaded to your website.

You will see the following options,
"When online include in website xxxx
"When queued for listing include in websitexxxxx

When you click the drop down, you will be able to see the websites you have configured. And you just select what you want. Then when you go to Tools | Update websites,,,,,,, all the auction lots that you have Queued to go somewhere will appear.

Have you already added the hyperlinks to your website so buyers can access the AW2000 websites. Or have you written a re-direct page?

The hyperlink URL is located in the last field of "configure websites" dialog box. The field is labeled "Website URL". So just copy and paste that URL into your website code and write an "a href"

Judy/blue

auctions1329
(stranger )
08/17/07 01:34 PM

Thank you for getting back to me, Judy, but you lost me. I think I need to go all the way back to configuring my website, at the very beginning, and I sure don't understand what I'm suppose to be doing with the templates. I printed out all the help info, but I get more confused, as it is mainly a generalization. It doesn't take you by the hand and walk you down the trail step-by-step. Is there someplace out there that does that? I looked at your website and also your eBay store and I like what I see. But as you can see, I need HELP! Wilma

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/17/07 01:44 PM

Wilma,

No worries. The first time I looked at the "Configure websites" I cocked my head and said "HuH?" I don't mind explaining at all. And if I lose you or don't make sense, tell me and I'll try to do better.

I'm online right now, so I can get back to you pretty quick

First, are you listing auctions with AW2000 yet?

If so, here is how it works,
Create an Auction lot,
On the menu, go to Auction Site | Queue Lot for Listing
The next dialog box which appears is what has the options for which website you want it to go to.

Now here is where everyone get confused. When AW2000 uses the term "website" it is referring to thumbnail pages. Those thumbnail pages are what AW2000 uploads to your own company or personal website. AW2000 does not upload an entire website.

Since you looked at my website, I will use it for an example. I built my website in FrontPage. And uploaded it. All the navigation buttons and text you see was built in FrontPage.

But when you click one of those hyperlinks like "Boyds Bears" on the Collectibles page, and you go to a bunch of thumbnails, it is the thumbnail page which AW2000 uploaded.

So when I built my "Collectibles" page in FrontPage, I added the hyperlink "Boyds Bears" I got the URL from AW2000 when I configured the AW2000 configured website " Boyds Bears".

You do not use a Listing template for the AW2000 configured website. You use one of the Website thumbnail page templates. I just picked one, duplicated it, and then started editing so it matched the rest of my website. Color, font, background images.

Before I go on, Does that help a bit? If not, tell me where I lost you and I will try again.

Judy/blue

auctions1329
(stranger )
08/17/07 05:04 PM
Re: WEBSITE new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks for getting back to me. I have listed lots of auctions with AW2000. I used to have it a few years ago but then quit using it. I have recently purchased it again. Even when I used it before I never got it to work on the website.

Anyway, I was doing a dummie auction for a test, I don't have anything that I want to put up right off hand. So when I go o the Auction Site|Queue Lot for Listing, that option is not workable for me.

How do I make that workable?

Also, at what point do you use the Website thumbnail page templates? Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself and need to go way back to the Queue Lot for listing and go from there.

Thanks so much for your help.

Wilma

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/17/07 06:45 PM

Wilma,

No worries. We'll get you fixed up.

You will have to create an Auction lot. And that Status of the Auction lot will have to be "Offline" or "Never listed" in order for you to be able to "Queue Lot for Listing"

What do you mean the Auction Site | Queue lot for listing....won't work?

If you have an Auction lot you are messing around with, be sure all the fields are complete, Auction title, category, start price. If the price fields are not complete, you can't Queue the Auction lot for listing.

You are Queueing the dummie auction, change the date to something that is 6 months down the road. Then you won't accidentally list it and you can change it later too.

When you configure the AW2000 website, you will have to select a website thumbnail template. That is one of the fields you have to complete when configuring it. So you have to go to Tools | HTML template manager.......scroll down to the bottom of the list. You will see all the website thumbnail page and website lot page templates.

Before you edit anything, duplicate it so the original is intact in case you mess up and need to start over. You can edit the templates just like you can the Listing templates.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

auctions1329
(stranger )
08/18/07 05:55 PM
Re: WEBSITE new [re: bluepennylady]  

Okay, I see what I was missing - I didn't check out the HTML manager and look for the lot and thumbnail templates. And I rechcked my configure website and got it so the right templates are coming up. And I tried the way you told me to do the auction queing and I think I see what you mean. I'll be off the computer over the weekend and then on Monday I have to get ready for my investment club meeting so won't be back at it until Tuesday. I will then put up a real auction and see how it goes.

You sure are helpful, Judy! Hope that Auction Wizard appreciates you, because I sure do.

After I get my auction up with one right thumbnail auction I'll then work on the next step I want to get done. So babysteps will do it.

Thanks again so much, Judy! Have a GREAT weekend!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/18/07 06:58 PM

Hi,

that is great news! I was hoping I made myself clear.

If you need help, I will be around on Tuesday. So just holler!
Have a great weekend!

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/22/07 06:42 AM
Re: WEBSITE [re: bluepennylady]  

Another question from a newbie! What's an easy way to leave feedback AFTER it has been left for you? Will I just have to check my feedback every day & see who left feedback for me?
Also, in my invoices, I'm starting to get alot of "closed" auctions. Do you just leave them there??
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/22/07 07:07 AM
Re: WEBSITE new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Opinions on submitting feedback is as varied as people's personalities

Me, I watch my feedback page, everyday, I go through the feedback submitted, and record the Invoice number (it is real fancy ledger ,,,,a spiral notebook :o) Once a week, I submit feedback for those who have submitted it for me and for those who have notified me they have their item. I have reasons for the manner in which I leave feedback. Other sellers leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays.

As far as the Closed Invoices, Just leave them there. When you database gets large. Or at the end of a quarter, semi yearly or every year, whatever works for you, you can archive those records away. I think you may find keeping the Closed Invoices around for a while can be real helpful.

You want to turn buyers into customers. Customers who will return to you outside of the auction venue to purchase items for you. So picture this scenario, a buyer from two months ago emails and wants another of that really neat blue tankini she won because her sweet hubby is taking her away on a cruise for their anniversary. Do you have another one?

You can pull up her old Closed Invoice which contains all the last transaction details including what she won. It makes a huge impression on a buyer that you can recall exactly what they won, remember their name, address as well as can create an Invoice for them. That buyer just became a customer :o) And a customer is more likely to bring their friends and family with them when they shop. Especially if you ask them to "bring your friends with you next time, I would love to meet them as well"

Many users get rid of their "Sold and Shipped" Auction lots as well as the "Closed" Invoices. I keep mine as long as possible just so I will have those records on hand if needed. Archive records can be restored. The Purge and Archive Utility handles restoring an archive.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads