Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 38175 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
01/22/08 10:38 PM
Re: Woe is me...... new [re: bluepennylady]  

Quick question: What is the size of your entire AW folder in terms of gigabytes?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
01/23/08 04:01 AM
Re: Woe is me...... new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

My entire AW2000 folder is almost 3.52GB. My image folder is 1.32GB.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
01/23/08 10:17 AM

Hi Judy,

Ok, your AW folder is 3.52 GB. And your volume of sales is far greater than mine, I'm sure. The size of my backup database (as well as the one I'm currently using while still waiting to try the Acronis restoration) is 26 GB! When I saw that yesterday, I knew that couldn't be right. That's a crazy size.

One thing I notice is there are 12 a2b backup files in the AW Backups folder, plus another 34 of them under the main AW2000 folder. Ordinarily, I delete old a2b files, but these have come back from the dead, apparently. If you multiply 600,000 bytes, which is the size of most of the a2b files, you get about 27 GB, so that must explain the bloat.

You have an Images folder within AW?? I don't. Or did you just mean the Images folder on your C: drive?

Thom strongly suggested I make a backup copy of the program I've been using for the last week (had to deal with a couple dozen transactions; still have a few waiting for payment, but all my auctions have ended now, and I've put my Store items on vacation setting), just in case something goes wrong with the Acronis disk image restore (which is what he thinks I should try, knowing the other backup copies are messed up). He mentioned copying it to a CD or DVD, so I checked the size of the folder and was astonished to see how large it is. I actually went out and bought another exterior hard drive last night, because that's the only way I'll be able to make a copy (not enough room on my existing exterior HD).

Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
01/23/08 10:58 AM

Sue,

There should be Image folders within the AW2000 database. If you click on the AW2000 folder and expand it, Then click on the Database folder, the files are in order on the right hand preview pane. There should be an "Image.DB' Image.MB and Image.PX" IN that order.

When I do a backup, I never put the backup into the AW2000 folder. I have a separate directory in "Document and Settings". So the database doesn't get bloated. The size is correct when I check the properties. I don't have to consider the backup files. Plus I find it easier to manage backup files when they are not within the Aw2000 folder.

You can move all those backup files out of the Aw2000 folder to somewhere else on the hard drive. You can do that from Windows Explorer. That is if you want to keep them for right now. YOu can just make a folder in MY Documents or whereever and drag all the backup files from the AW2000 folder to your new folder.

So probably the reason my database is 3.52GB is because of where my daily backup files are stored. If I moved those backup files to the AW2000 folder, it would be huge. The smaller database file like that allows me to burn a DVD of my entire AW2000 folder everyday.

Let me know how it goes....

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
01/24/08 07:51 PM

To answer your question, Judy, I am not using the built-in backup database. The most recent one of those is dated Jan. 3rd. Since I didn't have a more recent AW backup, Thom recommended taking the entire AW folder from the disk image created on my exterior HD and pasting into my C drive. So that's what I did a few minutes ago, and it seems to be fine -- lost everything since the 14th when that disk image was made (still better than going back to the 3rd), but at least Invoice numbers & Lot numbers aren't a jumbled mess like they were when I used the Karen's Replicator backup.

So now I need to reconstruct the last week's worth of data. I could just change the statuses of Invoices and leave it at that, but I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve the recent emails from my former (corrupt) AW folder? There are a bunch of files named Email Inbox and Email Outbox, but what if they're just as messed up as the overall data was? I didn't have my email set to leave copies on the server, so that's out. Any ideas?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
01/24/08 08:01 PM

Sue,

Do you retrieve email in another softgware such as Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook., Eudora, etc?? If you do, you could always go into that program and forward a copy back to yourself. Then load the email into AW2000 and associate it again.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
01/24/08 11:18 PM

Hi Judy,

I use Pair.com for my mailbox, and since I've already opened all the emails and don't have that mailbox set to leave a copy on the server, there are no duplicates at Pair. (Is that what you meant?)

If AW allowed running two applications of itself at once, I could open the old, corrupt AW (but I'd have to rename it in order to move it back to C:, and then it probably wouldn't open anyway; I should have thought to do this before I replaced it with the good copy) and forward the emails from there, but......

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
01/24/08 11:51 PM

I ran an update but AW didn't recognize any of the recently ended Lots, and I got a couple of errors.

Lot #
1243276 Error: API Code 10007: Internal error to the application.
0 Error: API Code 10007: Internal error to the application.

Any idea what this means?

And for the transactions that took place while I was using the corrupt data (I think AW assigned Invoice numbers that already belonged to closed, but missing Invoices, and the Lot numbers just kind of closed ranks), would it help to run an Import? For example, I've got two Lots that I shipped today, but AW doesn't even know they were listed, let alone know what Invoice numbers the corrupt version assigned to them. They were listed the same day as the backup I'm using (no auction IDs, so I must have run the backup after creating the Lots but before listing them that evening), but before my hard drive crashed -- another reason for backing up daily. I could just type in the auction ID, and change the Status, but is there a more elegant way to deal with this?

Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
01/25/08 06:00 AM

Sue,

Hummm, me,,, I think I would run an import, update and generate invoices again. Then change the status of any Invoice I had already shipped to "Feedback Not Left". I realize you will most likely have some Auction lots images and descriptions to correct but at least your database would contain all current records as far as online/offline auctions go. And the Invoices would be back into your database. Even if the numbers are now incorrect. Any newly generate Invoices would be correct.

You could just copy and paste the Auction id numbers into the Auction lots, if the Auction lots are in the database. That might be easier than dealing with re-doing descriptions and adding images to imported Auctions.

That error messages means something went haywire when updating. Restarting AW2000 ought to correct it. If it happens again, email Thom.

Gee I wish I could be more helpful. Bless your heart. A crashed hard drive just isn't fun no matter what. Had it happen a time or two and it was nota good thing. You have proded me to get my laptop documents on a CD. I haven't ran CD's of those documents in a long time. And although, I could re-create all the Power Points, etc, it isn't necessary if I would simply burn a CD. Gonna do that today.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads