Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 45487 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Nash
(stranger )
07/11/08 05:53 PM
Remember window size and position? new  

Hi all,
I have not used this software in quite a while and can't remember how to get it to remember the last size and position of the program.In other words, when you open the program it opens in a small window. You then manually drag it open to the size and position that you want it. How do you get it to remember that size and position. It frustrates me to no end for some reason. It always opens in such a tiny box, same thing with all the windows that open from inside the program. Or they open fullscreen which seems to bug me even more. LOL
I tried searching for a previous post for this and can't find any. Does anybody have any info on this? Thanks and have a great day! Nash

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
07/11/08 06:59 PM
Re: Remember window size and position? new [re: Nash]  

Nash,

Welcome Back! Good to see you around again.

Rather than using the drag to move the frame larger, use the maximize button in the middle to open the program up to fit the entire monitor screen. When you use the Maximize button, then when you shut down AW2000, it will remember to open again full screen.

If you are still having trouble let me know and I will see if I can help.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Nash
(stranger )
07/11/08 08:30 PM
Re: Remember window size and position? [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,
Thanks for your fast response!
That is not actually what I was looking for but thanks. When it is open full screen it is even more annoying. lol It is like looking at an Auction Wizard billboard from 2 feet away. I have a 24" widescreen monitor that runs at 1920x1200. What I was looking for is a setting, like in Windows, where it says "remember window size and position on close". You know how in Windows you can manually size a window, close it using the X in the top right corner and when you reopen it Windows remembers where you had it and what size it was? That is what I am looking for.
I could swear I remember AW2K doing that. Of course maybe at that time I had a smaller monitor and was just allowing it to open fullscreen. Hmm.. Oh well, not the end of the world. I will just resize it every time I open it. Thanks again for the fast response and have a great night. Nash

Hey, if anyone knows a registry hack for this could you please post it here. I will investigate it and if I find one i will post it here also.

Edited by Nash on 07/11/08 08:31 PM (server time).

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
07/12/08 05:56 AM

Nash,

Well now do I ever feel sillllyyyyyy I am so sorry...

That would look rather large on a 24 inch monitor.. Bet you can see everything though..

There is not a setting to define the opening size as you are wanting. I will pass the idea along to the AW2K tech team though.. Although, I do think that AW2K is suppose to remember the position and size of where you last closed the program.. I'll check for you and find out.. I know it does on my computers But I do not have any 24 inch monitors so I'll ask.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

Nash
(stranger )
07/12/08 11:47 AM
Re: Remember window size and position? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,
Not at all, I appreciate the response and your time! :) I know it seems like a petty request but I am using the software a lot these days. I always really liked this software. I like the fact that you control everything and it is not server based. I love the inventory part of it the most.The window size thing only bugs me because all the windows within the software do the same thing.
There are a few old tricks to make a program remember window size. Sometimes you can hold the ALT key and click the X, sometimes it is the CONTROL key and click the X and sometimes it is necessary to manually close a program by going to the FILE menu and clicking EXIT or CLOSE for some programs to remember window size/position. Unfortunately none of these work with AW2K. :(
I remember a guy named Thom (I remember that spelling for some reason) used to answer tech questions via email. Does he still do that? Was a very nice guy that really knew technical stuff. Maybe he could tell me if there is a registry setting that I could change? Is he still around? Nash

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
07/12/08 11:56 AM

Nash,

Yes Thom is still around. Technical issues are still addressed via email support. He is very nice and know what he is doing, that's for sure.

I like the Inventory Items window/tab as well.... We use it extensively.....

So you are starting to sell on eBay again! And what cool goodies do you sell???

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

Nash
(stranger )
07/12/08 12:39 PM

Judy,
You really have cat like reflexes with those post replies! :) I hit the submit button and got an email that said someone had replied, awesome!
I recently sold a physical business and am getting back to online sales. I am working on a site now that is primarily focused on nutritional supplements and is geared toward an older demographic. I will be selling things like herbal supplements that help with specific conditions (fibro myalgia, high blood pressure, mental acuity, standard vitamin supplements, etc.). I will also be offering some medical devices, scales, blood pressure cuffs, stethoscopes, etc. I have a background in this type of business and really like to help people get quality information so they can find some relief.
I will be using ebay primarily for testing a lot of different products. If I am able to make a decent profit I will continue with ebay. Ebay is really great for this kind of testing. But, as I am sure you are already aware of, the margins can be tough there. My true passions are SEO, conversion and helping people solve their health issues through alternative means. I will probably maintain an eBay store with the help of AW2K.
I looked at your store in your signature. Very nice! Looks like you really know what you are doing! Is it going well for you? Have a great day. Nash

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
07/12/08 12:58 PM

Nash,

well I will respond quickly if I am working online as the AW2000 board is always running in a browser

What an interesting business! My husband likes the herbal approaches to health issues and for just good health maintenance. I think there is an excellent market for that type of product.

Anytime I have listed anything like that, it has sold right off the bat.. That type of product and baby products sell like crazy.

I don't know if I know what I am doing but we sure have fun! Couldn't do it without AW2000 though. Be way too hard.. eBay sales drive a ton of traffic to us both to us directly, our wholesale and to the retail store. Which is what we wanted it to do.. eBay is a great companion for our business model..

Be sure you keep up with the changes eBay is getting ready to make. Some are on hold, some are going forward, It has become an almost daily event to keep pace with them

Let me know when you are listing. I would dearly love to see your goodies!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

Nash
(stranger )
07/12/08 01:23 PM

Judy,

I will let you know when I list for sure!

Yes I have been reading a little about these crazy eBay changes. LOL They have really lost it over at eBay haven't they! Well, I guess they really want to be AmazonBay. ;) It is really pretty simple to me. Bottom line is I don't really care what they do. I can either make money in their marketplace or I can't. I would of course feel differently about it if I were already established there like you are. Then I would be watching them like a hawk! :0 I hope their craziness won't effect your business negatively.

Quick question for you. You said that you are able to drive a lot of traffic from eBay to your main site. Do you do this through follow up email from eBay sales? Do you maintain a email relationship with your customers after they purchase on eBay? Do you utilize the newsletter function of your eBay store? Does that actually get any activity? (I have always wondered that) How do you get them to move from eBay to your main site? I have heard other people say that they are able to acquire a lot of traffic from eBay but I never really understood how. I always kind of saw it as kind of a self-contained sales venue. I am obviously mistaken. Would love to hear your views on this. Nash

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
07/12/08 01:45 PM

Nash,

Contrary to what most people think (and post at eBay) I don't think the changes are necessarily all bad.. Some of the changes were a swift kick in our back side as I knew we needed to change pieces of our business model over a year ago. And just hadn't got it done. DSR's pushed the issue..

Some of the other changes being introduced, well it remains to be seen how they will affect us down the road. Presently,, we are still going along just fine. Although I will say the "Findings" changes still do not have the bugs worked out of it. but it is getting better.

I only watch the changes so closely because some of the items on my Listing template are non-compliant as far as links and email addresses when and if ebay actually makes the changes..

eBay does provide a good flow of buyers to us.. First I use the Auction Wizard 2000 configured websites and upload after I have concluded listing for the day.. that pushes quite a bit of traffic.

My email address displayed in my Listing template, is a big traffic pusher. Prospective buyers routinely email me on a daily basis asking about product. Or if I have more.

We insert lots of promotional flyers in our packages.. Business card with our website and email addy. Packing slip with sale items, email address, website URL, etc.

My shipping notices and Feedback thanks email asks if the buyer would like to be added to our private email list. And we explain what we use the email list for. I have over 300 buyers on that list I email once a week.

My emails are not just promoting my auctions but have some informational value too. Like some tidbit about computer maintenance like blowing the dust bunnies out of the case. Or something like that. So the buyers like to get them.

I do use the email marketing at eBay too. Buyers seem to read them... And I post what we are listing every week on my blogs complete with Stores to go widgets and/or links back to the listing pages in the store.

Our shipping notices verbage has been changed to encourage the buyer to feel free to email us if they need something later. Or more of what they bought. And they do email. Buyers even send their friends to us directly.

If someone wants to look at something, a lot of time, we give them the link on our website instead of a link back to the eBay listing page. Of course if it isn't on our website we send them the eBay listing page link and use the "?refid=store" tag on the URL if the item is a Store listing so if they buy it we can get a Store referral credit back.

and yes we maintain email relationships with our eBay customers after they purchase from us. It takes only a minute to send someone a "how are you doing. we have missed you email".. I use Mail bomber for that.. It is an okay email program.. I would like to have something which works with AW2000 invoices so I could just export a single record or group of Invoice records instead of copy and paste. But Mail Bomber works okay.

Sorry, didn't mean to talk your leg off..

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads